View Poll Results: Do you trust the media?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 13.48%
  • No

77 86.52%
Page 24 of 123 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Re: Do you trust the media?

The New York Times finally confessed the one truth conservatives always suspected

The New York Times is among the many institutions in America engulfed in chaos.
    But on Thursday, the paper finally broke.
    And The New York Times finally confessed the one truth conservatives always suspected.

Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton published an op-ed in The Times calling on the President to invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act to deploy the military to American cities to put down the left-wing insurrection looting businesses and starting fires in the streets.
    The Times “woke” journalists claimed publishing Cotton’s op-ed put black staffers’ lives in danger and demanded the paper pulled the op-ed.
    This civil war broke played out over social media as staffers attacked the few dissidents inside the Times who saw the call to censor Cotton’s op-ed as the outgrowth of campus “cancel culture.”
    After two days of uproar, The Times issues a statement claiming Cotton’s op-ed fell short of their standards and that they would publish fewer op-eds in the future.

“We’ve examined the piece and the process leading up to its publication. This review made clear that a rushed editorial process led to the publication of an Op-Ed that did not meet our standards. As a result, we’re planning to examine both short term and long-term changes, to including expanding our fact checking operation and reducing the number of Op-Eds we publish,” The Times wrote.
    Washington Examiner’s Jerry Dunleavy noted that no one at The Times objected to a host of unsavory characters like Vladimir Putin and the Taliban publishing New York Times op-eds

Do you trust the media?

Days After Censoring Riot Tweet, Twitter Removes Trump's Video Tribute to George Floyd

Twitter has blocked a Trump campaign video tribute to George Floyd over a copyright claim, adding to tensions between the social media giant and the U.S. president, one of its most widely followed users.
    The company put a label on a video posted by the @TeamTrump account that said, “This media has been disabled in response to a claim by the copyright owner.”
    The video was still up on President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel and includes pictures of Floyd, whose death sparked widespread protests.
    “Per our copyright policy, we respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives,” Twitter said in a statement.

It did not say who made the complaint.
    The three minute and 45 second clip is a montage of photos and videos of peaceful marches interspersed with scenes of burning buildings and vandalism.

Last month, Twitter placed fact-check warnings on two tweets from Trump’s own account that predicted problems with the November elections if mail-in ballots are used.
    Under the tweets, there is now a link reading “Get the facts about mail-in ballots” that guides users to a Twitter page with fact checks and news stories about Trump’s claimsIt also demoted and placed a stronger warning on Trump and White House tweets about Minneapolis protests that read, in part, “when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”

The White House @WhiteHouse

“These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100172615680 …
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.....

Twitter said that the tweets violated the platform’s rules against glorifying violence

Trump responded by signing an executive order targeting social media companies for unfairly censoring certain users.
    Last year, Twitter also removed a Trump tweet featuring a Nickelback music video clip that took aim at former Vice President Joe Biden, after receiving copyright complaints.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

You seem to copy and paste a lot of "news" articles, yet none of them are accompanied by source information, or a link to the original article. For all we know these articles coming from known fake news or parody sites.

Being a copier tech, you should already know that reprinting someones else copyrighted works can be illegal. At the very least, you should be giving credit to the copyright owner in your posts.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    You seem to copy and paste a lot of "news" articles, yet none of them are accompanied by source information, or a link to the original article. For all we know these articles coming from known fake news or parody sites.

Being a copier tech, you should already know that reprinting someones else copyrighted works can be illegal. At the very least, you should be giving credit to the copyright owner in your posts.
    Why should I? BSM2 COPIER ADDICT n SSG rarely do Even after Slim.. Frohnb.. Skynet .. myself et al have requested them to oblige.
    May you should go back and review the WHOLE THREAD.
    Just a suggestion before you start lambasting me.
    Have a great day.
    Bless your heart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Fake News poster has Spoken!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Why should I? BSM2 COPIER ADDICT n SSG rarely do Even after Slim.. Frohnb.. Skynet .. myself et al have requested them to oblige.
    Have a great day.
    Bless your heart.
    No need to get snippy. I never stated who I was referring to, though there is a missing word in my post so I can see how it would appear that I was referring to you. My first line should have started, "You all seem to...". When I posted that, I had read a good chunk of the thread, and you weren't the only one I saw doing it. Apparently you just happened to be the last poster in the thread when I replied from the bottom of page 13.

My statement applies to anybody copying an entire news article without a reference to back it up. A huge chunk of the "news" that's posted on the internet these days is bogus. Without a reference to indicate that it came from a source that can be trusted, your efforts to share it are fruitless.

Life is busy and I don't have time to hunt down every article before I can reliably believe that what is being shared has at least some semblance of reality to it. It's just my opinion, but if an article doesn't have a point of reference, I don't even bother to read it. I'm not looking to fill my head with fake news, the real news is bad enough as it is.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Have a great day.
    Bless your heart.

Just tell him you do it's because almost all of what you post as "news" comes from one or another of the flaky sites you follow and is simply made up.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

I think the real ugliness of the media is becoming apparent, it tried to terrify us with China19 and has now helped deliver a greater worldwide problem. People of all races should see it for what it really is. They are trying to create a division where one did not previously exist.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Do you trust the media?

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    I think the real ugliness of the media is becoming apparent, it tried to terrify us with China19 and has now helped deliver a greater worldwide problem. People of all races should see it for what it really is. They are trying to create a division where one did not previously exist.
    Sorry to hear you are having like problems over there.. just shows how the NWO crowd have had an influence over everyone.. We've had many leaders past n present that for some reason liked the prospect of a NWO world.Do you trust the media?Do you trust the media?Do you trust the media?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you trust the media?

Google bans website ZeroHedge from its ad platform over comments on protest articles - NBC

Google has banned ZeroHedge, a far-right website that often traffics in conspiracy theories, from its advertising platform over policy violations found in the comments section of stories about recent Black Lives Matter protests.
    Google also issued a warning on Tuesday to The Federalist over comments on articles related to recent protests.
    A Google spokesperson said in an email on Monday that it demonetized the websites after determining they violated its policies on content related to race.

After publication of this story, Google backtracked Tuesday, clarifying that The Federalist had been warned about policy violations but still had time to address them. (NBC news was pimping this story after The federalist reported on some NBC goings-ons).

Now google and NBC are under fire from the Feds and other Senators/ public people.

Cruz Unloads On Google Over Debacle In Failed NBC News Hit On The Federalist, Gets AG Barr Involved | The Daily Wire
    Far-left NBC News Verification Center reporter Adele-Momoko Fraser published a report claiming: “The Federalist, will no longer be able to generate revenue from any advertisements served by Google Ads.
    Once backlash quickly built online from media organizations and from multiple U.S. Senators, Google publicly disputed the claim by NBC News, writing: “The Federalist was never demonetized.”

Anyone here still holding on to that belief that google is "neutral"? Didn't think so. They've proven their Bias for years now, and people are turning to other search engines that give "each side" equal space to be viewed. DuckDuckGo is a good one i've been using for a couple years now, gives you a variety of liberal and conservative sources to select from.
    I've never been to ZeroHedge, but I've gone to the Federalist here and there, not a bad site.
    Omertŕ