Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Re: Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    So, you are threatened because another group of people are requesting the same privileges as you? And I don't mean financial privileges. I am talking about the privilege of not having to worry about being killed simply because they got pulled over for a broken tail light. The privilege of not getting stopped and harassed just because they are walking down the street. etc
    Giving them these privileges doesn't take anything from you, there is enough to go around.
    I think by trying to force race relations just makes race relations worse. It brings out the whackos on both sides. I think race relations have been getting better and better with each generation. I have seen how it was with my grand parents,my parents and with me. I have changed a lot from my younger days. Each new generation is more tolerant and things are getting better. You cant protest ect. and think it is going to change things overnight. It is just bringing out the hate of the people who are set in their ways. They feel threatened I guess. I think race relations have now been set back big time,when it was getting better naturally.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

We're "threatened" because Blacks and liberals want "reparations" for something that happened 155 years ago! (ain't happenin').

The freed slaves were given land, it's called Liberia. Here is a quote from Wikipedia, "Liberia began as a settlement of the American Colonization Society (ACS), who believed black people would face better chances for freedom and prosperity in Africa than in the United States.[6] The country declared its independence on July 26, 1847. The U.S. did not recognize Liberia's independence until February 5, 1862, during the American Civil War. Between January 7, 1822, and the American Civil War, more than 15,000 freed and free-born black people who faced legislated limits in the U.S., and 3,198 Afro-Caribbeans, relocated to the settlement.[7] The settlers carried their culture and tradition with them. The Liberian constitution and flag were modeled after those of the U.S. On January 3, 1848, Joseph Jenkins Roberts, a wealthy, free-born African American from Virginia who settled in Liberia, was elected Liberia's first president after the people proclaimed independence.[7]"

If you research the "American Colonization Society," it was a founded by, Robert Finley (
    Caucasian, white male) in 1816 , president of the University of Georgia as well as a minister along with a bunch of other "white males." ( I apologize for the "racist" term of "white males," but it seems that is our logic in society today), heaven forbid I call that tomato skin red, I too may be labeled as "racist." I digress, sorry for the rant, however, getting back to the American Colonization Society, they basically provided to all emancipated, freed slaves passage and transportation to, Liberia, free of charge.
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ame...zation-Society

My issue with this is that it is conveniently left out of any debate on this topic. I dare to say that most are "uneducated" when it comes to this topic. Again, by using the word "uneducated," I leave myself open to be termed a "racist."

Let the truth be known

So, you are threatened because another group of people are requesting the same privileges as you? And I don't mean financial privileges. I am talking about the privilege of not having to worry about being killed simply because they got pulled over for a broken tail light. The privilege of not getting stopped and harassed just because they are walking down the street. etc
    Giving them these privileges doesn't take anything from you, there is enough to go around.
    This narrative of "privilege" is Sooooo overplayed. You're even seeing throngs of "black people" (regular/common people, "community leaders", celebrities, etc.) denouncing that there is any such thing as "white privilege", but you don't see them on the liberal news.

White people die at the hands of police as much as ALL minorities combined. Let that sink in. From 2017 to 2020 there have been 1,431 White people killed by police, and during that same time, 1,457 people "of color" (Black, Hispanic, "other") died at the hands of police. White people were killed TWICE AS OFTEN as Black people. So let's have a conversation about that!

Going back to a previous post;
    A picture of Three Black men standing in a courtroom -
    One is an officer,
    One is a prominent Lawyer,
    The other is a felon on trial.
    Each man had the opportunity to "become something" here in America, and one of them chose "The life of Crime".

I'm sure that officer and lawyer aren't preaching about reparations and "systemic racism".........but the Convict probably is!
    Omertà

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    This narrative of "privilege" is Sooooo overplayed. You're even seeing throngs of "black people" (regular/common people, "community leaders", celebrities, etc.) denouncing that there is any such thing as "white privilege", but you don't see them on the liberal news.

White people die at the hands of police as much as ALL minorities combined. Let that sink in. From 2017 to 2020 there have been 1,431 White people killed by police, and during that same time, 1,457 people "of color" (Black, Hispanic, "other") died at the hands of police. White people were killed TWICE AS OFTEN as Black people. So let's have a conversation about that!

Going back to a previous post;
    A picture of Three Black men standing in a courtroom -
    One is an officer,
    One is a prominent Lawyer,
    The other is a felon on trial.
    Each man had the opportunity to "become something" here in America, and one of them chose "The life of Crime".

I'm sure that officer and lawyer aren't preaching about reparations and "systemic racism".........but the Convict probably is!

So, 13% of the population dies half as often as 87% of the population? That is not a stat you should have brought up to make your point. It kinda makes the opposite point I think you are trying to make.

Let the truth be known

So, 13% of the population dies half as often as 87% of the population? That is not a stat you should have brought up to make your point. It kinda makes the opposite point I think you are trying to make.
    You liberals need to decide on exactly which statistics you are going to stand behind.
    I'm tired of liberals and the liberal media bouncing back and forth on using "per capita" or "Actual numbers" to push their narrative.
    Actual Number of White people killed by police 1,431 vs. "Colored people" (Black, Hispanic, "Other") which is 1,457. This is the number that should be shown.
    "per capita" numbers show something like "31 per Million for Black people", and "13 per million for White people". This is NOT the number that should be focused on, since the ACTUAL number of Black people shot was at least HALF of White people.

The same can be said about you liberals/ liberal medias that flip-flopped on Covid Stats.
    One day it's "actual numbers" so the media can pimp the narrative of "Most Confirmed Cases WORLDWIDE", but then the next day it's a "per capita" stat that would show "The U.S. lags behind the rest of the world in testing".
    When viewed the other way, it would show - (Per capita), The U.S. isn't even close to "Most confirmed cases worldwide", and (actual numbers) show the U.S. is WAAAAYYYY ahead of almost every other country in the world when it comes to testing.

Catch my drift?
    Uniformity in reporting is crucial in my opinion.
    That's why I don't trust the media........but that's another thread.
    Omertà

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    You liberals need to decide on exactly which statistics you are going to stand behind.
    I'm tired of liberals and the liberal media bouncing back and forth on using "per capita" or "Actual numbers" to push their narrative.
    Actual Number of White people killed by police 1,431 vs. "Colored people" (Black, Hispanic, "Other") which is 1,457. This is the number that should be shown.
    "per capita" numbers show something like "31 per Million for Black people", and "13 per million for White people". This is NOT the number that should be focused on, since the ACTUAL number of Black people shot was at least HALF of White people.

The same can be said about you liberals/ liberal medias that flip-flopped on Covid Stats.
    One day it's "actual numbers" so the media can pimp the narrative of "Most Confirmed Cases WORLDWIDE", but then the next day it's a "per capita" stat that would show "The U.S. lags behind the rest of the world in testing".
    When viewed the other way, it would show - (Per capita), The U.S. isn't even close to "Most confirmed cases worldwide", and (actual numbers) show the U.S. is WAAAAYYYY ahead of almost every other country in the world when it comes to testing.

Catch my drift?
    Uniformity in reporting is crucial in my opinion.
    That's why I don't trust the media........but that's another thread.

I was simply responding to your stats, which were NOT listed as per capita. Make up your mind.
    However, blacks make up 13% of US population and according to you the get killed by police half as often as whites who make up 72% of the US population. Do you not see a problem with this?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

I thought all these 'protests' were about the oppressed blacks/slavery/human rights?

So tell me WHY they would destroy the statue of Fredrick Douglas?

A statue of Frederick Douglass was torn down during the night over the Fourth of July weekend in Rochester, New York.
    Douglass, a well known abolitionist, was born into slavery but escaped in the 1800's. He then became a national leader for the movement to end slavery.

So is it a matter of Black Lives or is it the communist credo of " Destroy the history of the people you want to overtake " Take their means of defense ... their religion.... breed fear among the citizens.. then start to kill off those that you don't agree with.

Hmmmmm?

Frederick Douglass Statue Torn Down Over 4th of July Weekend - Daily Political Newswire

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I thought all these 'protests' were about the oppressed blacks/slavery/human rights?

A statue of Frederick Douglass was torn down during the night over the Fourth of July weekend in Rochester, New York.
    Douglass, a well known abolitionist, was born into slavery but escaped in the 1800's. He then became a national leader for the movement to end slavery.

So is it a matter of Black Lives or is it the communist credo of " Destroy the history of the people you want to overtake " Take their means of defense ... their religion.... breed fear among the citizens.. then start to kill off those that you don't agree with.

Hmmmmm?

Frederick Douglass Statue Torn Down Over 4th of July Weekend - Daily Political Newswire
    Or maybe its You
    We already have one Communist in Office til January

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

I saw a video that claimed a statue that black people had actually paid for way back got tore down by blm, this group has been taken over by a load or anarchistic marxists.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Let the truth be known

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Or maybe its You
    We already have one Communist in Office til January
    I don't know what expletive is appropriate but do you really think the Democrats have the solution?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.