Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by TryToCopy View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, its been a long day...
    No harsh feelings here. I just regret the fact this overall good thread takes this way maybe because some misunderstanding. I will give you green card because of this.

P.S.
    Great thanks to fellow techs who know what I mean.
    All stay safe and have a good summer.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician
    Request bizhub c220 firmware

Thumbs up Re: Request bizhub c220 firmware

Big thanks to the forum for your help, everything is working great so far!

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Big thanks to the forum for your help, everything is working great so far!
    Thank you for the update it's nice sometimes when we hear the outcome you will start to know the users that know what they are talking about stay safe
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Be careful, your 10th Red Card autmatically deduct $100.00 from your bank account. Ed

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Be careful, your 10th Red Card autmatically deduct $100.00 from your bank account. Ed
    Not witty as Synth but keep trying
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

[QUOTE=TryToCopy;1529775]It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.
    Shortly after I got it, I read in some forums that suggested to reset the Printer through the Service Mode what I did then.
    All of the former software issues where fixed by that, but I had to put aside the project, due to a lack of time. That was 9 month ago.
    At my workplace the printer hasnt seen any technician, except me, for around 2 to 3 years. Makes it summed up around 3 to 4 years surely no firmeware update. (I don't know if there are any updates that came out in that time)

A few days ago I started the project again and there seemed to be some functions missing some guys were talking about on a youtube video.
    So I was thinking that it might be due to a missing firmeware update.

You can find screenshots of my printers firmeware dialog attached (page 4 and 5 have no entries)

Greets[/QUOTE
    The last firmware that came out is Version bizhub C220, C280, C360 Firmware Version G00-D2
    It came out out in 2012, what issues are you having?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=MarioTech;1532227]
    It is an old machine from the place i work, it had some issues so my boss bought a newer model and gave the old one to me, so i could try fixing the problems and use it for myself.
    Shortly after I got it, I read in some forums that suggested to reset the Printer through the Service Mode what I did then.
    All of the former software issues where fixed by that, but I had to put aside the project, due to a lack of time. That was 9 month ago.
    At my workplace the printer hasnt seen any technician, except me, for around 2 to 3 years. Makes it summed up around 3 to 4 years surely no firmeware update. (I don't know if there are any updates that came out in that time)

A few days ago I started the project again and there seemed to be some functions missing some guys were talking about on a youtube video.
    So I was thinking that it might be due to a missing firmeware update.

You can find screenshots of my printers firmeware dialog attached (page 4 and 5 have no entries)

Greets[/QUOTE
    The last firmware that came out is Version bizhub C220, C280, C360 Firmware Version G00-D2
    It came out out in 2012, what issues are you having?
    We have a later version out GDR-D1

C360 C280 C220 Firmware ReadMe GDR-D1.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    We have a later version out GDR-D1

What you have there is special firmware, not the base firmware. Special firmware shouldn't be used unless the customer is having an issue that the special firmware is known to resolve, or needs a certain feature or setting that the firmware incorporates. Also, even though the date on that special firmware might be more recent, the D1 indicates that it is in fact an earlier revision, and the seemingly older base firmware of D2 is in fact newer.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    What you have there is special firmware, not the base firmware. Special firmware shouldn't be used unless the customer is having an issue that the special firmware is known to resolve, or needs a certain feature or setting that the firmware incorporates. Also, even though the date on that special firmware might be more recent, the D1 indicates that it is in fact an earlier revision, and the seemingly older base firmware of D2 is in fact newer.
    In the UK this is not referred to as "special firmware" It is simply the latest firmware in-between a mass production release.

There is a list of bug fixes in these latest versions (see attached pdf.) we update our machines when ever a new release comes out, it makes a difference for reliability.

We call it "preventative maintenance" i'e fix the fault before it is reported by the client.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    In the UK this is not referred to as "special firmware" It is simply the latest firmware in-between a mass production release.
    There is a list of bug fixes in these latest versions (see attached pdf.) we update our machines when ever a new release comes out, it makes a difference for reliability.
    We call it "preventative maintenance" i'e fix the fault before it is reported by the client.
    To each there own I guess. There have been notices issue by KM about using "special firmware" when it's not needed because on occasion that firmware can cause other issues that aren't present in the base firmware. Some of those special firmware actually have older versions of things that were "rolled back" because a later version broke something that only a rare few customers used. A classic example of this is right in the firmware you are offering up as newer. Your firmware is based off of revision D1, which is older than D2. What fixes are you missing from your "newer" firmware that were incorporated in revision D2?

If it's been working for you, great. Hopefully you won't come across one of those instances were something breaks because of it.
    Last edited by femaster; 07-25-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...