Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

Ok.. so I was about to outfit a small print shop with a Pro C5200 (500,000 clicks lease return). however, a tech from another company told me... The speed of this unit is simialar to an office machine. If you start feeding thicker stock, you will drop speed dynamically ... similar to an office machine. Is this true?

Those of you who have experienced this machine in light duty production.. (probably starting with less than 20,000 pages per month.. increasing.. Post cards (12 pt) .. 12 pt business cards... full bleed 8.5 x 11 80# book brochures. whats your experience... Is is a good machine?? Even though inexpensive.. is it just plain CHEAP???

Thanks For the Input.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

Quote Originally Posted by homerlasvegas View Post
    Ok.. so I was about to outfit a small print shop with a Pro C5200 (500,000 clicks lease return). however, a tech from another company told me... The speed of this unit is simialar to an office machine. If you start feeding thicker stock, you will drop speed dynamically ... similar to an office machine. Is this true?

Those of you who have experienced this machine in light duty production.. (probably starting with less than 20,000 pages per month.. increasing.. Post cards (12 pt) .. 12 pt business cards... full bleed 8.5 x 11 80# book brochures. whats your experience... Is is a good machine?? Even though inexpensive.. is it just plain CHEAP???

Thanks For the Input.
    The Pro C5200 is not a true production machine it is basically a large/fast office MPC model however will cope fine with light production use.

I look after a few in schools no real issues.

Yours at 500k will be fine.

Drum good for 1,000,000 fuser due @ 600,000 & they are very time consuming to rebuild.

There are much better Pro models but will cost a lot more
    Ricoh Pro C5200s.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by homerlasvegas View Post

Thanks For the Input.
    I work on a lot of these good machine speed Pro c5200 65 ppm c5210 80 ppm
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

good machine just have to remove a lot of screws before you can really even work on it. the PM work is labor intensive as well if you had to do every single PM item (rebuilding vs new units)+ developer on 1 call it would take at least a day and half.

If you keep up on the PMs they run great if you start slacking on the PM stuff they run poor. just my experience

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    good machine just have to remove a lot of screws before you can really even work on it. the PM work is labor intensive as well if you had to do every single PM item (rebuilding vs new units)+ developer on 1 call it would take at least a day and half.

If you keep up on the PMs they run great if you start slacking on the PM stuff they run poor. just my experience
    Truth. PM regular otherwise they run dirty. If the pm schedule is kept up religiously they run great....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Is the Ricoh PR0 C5200 a good production machine

just another tip on this box if you run a lot of 12 pt stock the fuser belt will not make PM life the belt will have to be replaced alot sooner and any little defect in it will show up with running full coverage color. which is what most of my customer prints on with 12pt stock. its got a smoothing roller but its not magic more of a stop gap band aid fix. i had a acct i had to rebuild the fuser twice in 3 weeks because all they ran was 12pt for days straight.

Also with heavy stock with a lot of coverage I've seen the finisher rollers and guide boards scratch the paper and leave a physical gouge on the paper from toner buildup. frequent cleaning / and idler roller replacement/cleaning usually solves this. the exit/duplex section is quite fragile as well as there are a lot of rollers and Mylars that are easily damaged with frequent heavy stock.

like someone already stated its really a office machine more than a production unit.

I am hoping to see some Pro 5300S in the field soon we have 1 demo machine and it looks like they fixed a lot of the shortcomings from the 5200 series

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    just another tip on this box if you run a lot of 12 pt stock the fuser belt will not make PM life the belt will have to be replaced alot sooner and any little defect in it will show up with running full coverage color. which is what most of my customer prints on with 12pt stock. its got a smoothing roller but its not magic more of a stop gap band aid fix. i had a acct i had to rebuild the fuser twice in 3 weeks because all they ran was 12pt for days straight.

Also with heavy stock with a lot of coverage I've seen the finisher rollers and guide boards scratch the paper and leave a physical gouge on the paper from toner buildup. frequent cleaning / and idler roller replacement/cleaning usually solves this. the exit/duplex section is quite fragile as well as there are a lot of rollers and Mylars that are easily damaged with frequent heavy stock.

like someone already stated its really a office machine more than a production unit.

I am hoping to see some Pro 5300S in the field soon we have 1 demo machine and it looks like they fixed a lot of the shortcomings from the 5200 series
    How does the Pro 5300S look, especially the fuser? That the only real major issue with the 5100.5210 series.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The fuser has been redesigned to be easier to service like they did with the 8300 series instead of 13 different screw types i think they got it down to 6 or 7 you no longer have to take the drawer unit cover off to remove it as well The dupluex / exit section rollers have been resigned as well.

You can also use production accessories with it. the RT5100 style vac LCIT the big finisher with dual shift trays and i think you can even get a plocmatic PBM 350/500 on it.

Introducing the Ricoh Pro C5300 Series - YouTube

The C5200 is a great machine. The C5100 was really good, but kind of fragile, customer could really tear it up, but if treated correctly, it was awesome. The C5200 corrected all the flaws from the 5100. Having serviced dozens of these machines, I can say they are a breeze to work on. A complete drum area PM by a competent tech will take about an hour to do all colors. Several times on here people have mentioned how hard, or time-consuming the fuser is to rebuild, but this is nonsense, a competent tech can do a complete rebuild in about an hour, I can do it in around 45 minutes, which I have many times. Also many of my customers have had their fusers go to double or even triple the PM life (depending on their quality needs, of course). The smoothing roller will remove edge lines, or scratches, if you run it enough times (3 or 4 cycles), and the fusing belt will be like new.
    The C5200 is classified as a light production machine, not an office model, due to the functionality and versatility of the machine to run almost all substrates up to its maximum weight. 300,000 clicks a month works fine. And the Print Quality is outstanding, easily best in class, and much better than most, more expensive, and larger machines.
    I've had many customers say the C5200 is the best Copier they have ever owned, and it's one of my favorites to work on.
    I'm looking forward to working on the C5300, but even though I've installed 12 at customer sites over the last 4 months, none of them have had even a single service call.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I don't share the last posters good views on this machine.

It's a pain to have to remove the toner hopper and then the face plate every time you need to get to one of the drums. A full drum area PM will take me at least two hours if not longer and a complete fuser rebuild is another two hours if everything goes as planned, and that's trying to do it in a hurry.

The machines do run good if you don't run to much heavy stock and the PMs are done on time. They are just labor intensive.