Technician

1035mfp with citrix

Good morning,
    i am wondering if someone could give me some advice on a 1035 that prints reports from a citrix based banking software. The software is called Precision. everything that is printed locally is fine but the reports that come overnight come from this software are messed up. The reports are supposed to be duplexed with the first report on front of first page 2nd report on back and so on. The reports seem to be running longer than the page. This puts the remaining info on the back of page one then the second report is on the next page. (hard to explain). When we do get all the info on the front page it doesnt duplex. We had tried various lines per inch settings, both on the machine and in the software but cant seem to make it work. Sorry about the lack of info regarding the software. I did do a search but most of the post i found were pretty old.
    thanks
    Chuck

Re: 1035mfp with citrix

Most likely a problem with either the format of the job or the driver setting. Get with there IT and run some tests.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

Sounds like the job is set to print on legal, it would explain the job exceeding the first page and if all the info does fit on the first page then it would have no reason to do duplex.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have found that using the kyocera PCL universal driver works best with those type of software. KX driver was not very friendly so I changed it to the universal driver with much better success.

Technician

Thanks guys I passed that info along to their IT dept. Hopefully that helps! Thanks again!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Did it work OK before, or did something change?

Of course, nothing EVER changes, right?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

They had been running the reports on a HP 4200 but it started having issues. (unrelated to this) They decided to start running them on the 1035mfp. Their first try was to change IP address on 1035 to match HP and use the same print string. That didn't work so that's when we started manipulating the string.