Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bizhub c300i "the original size was detected"

I have a c300i telling me it detects the paper size when I close the ADF. Platen glass is clean. Both sides. ADF white surface is spotless(new). Have run "non image area erase check" numerous times under various lighting conditions. Swapped out the CCD unit with another c300i. Have replace BASEB board and scanner board. Has the latest firmware, B5. I tried loading base original firmware up to the latest firmware just in case I missed one. Have not called KM tech support yet. They usually just tell me things I've already read on their site. Any ideas where to go from here? Machine is about one year old but old new stock. Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: bizhub c300i "the original size was detected"

Quote Originally Posted by gerf443 View Post
    I have a c300i telling me it detects the paper size when I close the ADF. Platen glass is clean. Both sides. ADF white surface is spotless(new). Have run "non image area erase check" numerous times under various lighting conditions. Swapped out the CCD unit with another c300i. Have replace BASEB board and scanner board. Has the latest firmware, B5. I tried loading base original firmware up to the latest firmware just in case I missed one. Have not called KM tech support yet. They usually just tell me things I've already read on their site. Any ideas where to go from here? Machine is about one year old but old new stock. Thanks
    so it tells you that it detected the paper size.. does it copy to a different size?

what size does it detect?

does it copy at all?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I'm really sorry but have to ask.
    Have you redo ADF setup from zero? Tried another one? What is exact message?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Is the ADF height adjusted correctly? I've had copiers in the past (not a C300i) that were completely clean, but no matter what I did, would always detect paper when I put the ADF down. When this happens, you can't use the ADF because the copier always thinks there is paper on the glass. I eventually discovered that the ADF height was not adjusted properly, it was too close to the scanner glass and was detecting the white plate as paper. Adjusting the height up some completely eliminated the problem. Again, not this particular model, but might be worth looking into.
    Last edited by femaster; 09-12-2020 at 12:21 AM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

As a test

Power cycle

Does it allow you to use ADF now?

I had one that would work in that condition but the moment you open to access flat bed glass it would (until you power cycle) always think something was on the glass, A3 in size.

Turned out to be the 2 length sensors under glass.

You can prove it by running with them unplugged, it just won't detect larger sizes, but it's only to troubleshoot anyway

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Very common issue on the 4 series. Paper size detected. Can't use adf. The fix almost always is to clean the optics,slit glass and copyboard glass (I know....even if they already look clean)

Just fixed one with that exact issue again a few days ago. (but again, was a 4 series)

Since you have a c300i I guess it could indeed be something else but the issue is strikingly similar to the 4 series error.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-12-2020 at 01:21 AM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

if this is original left on glass error or its detecting an original on the glass, a number of these were adjusted incorrectly at the factory.

manually adjusting the readable area off the glass can fix it because it may be seeing the edge of the glass area causing the false detection. As always ensure the print engine is aligned correctly before starting adjustments and using it as a reference.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Our office had a C250i with same issue out of the box. We cleaned and replaced both slit and platen glass from other machine. Tried another dual scan and RADF from other machines. We Tried the Scanner drive board from another machine. Initialized all settings on copier, even tried the Black photo reflector inside the scanner and still no dice. We then tried the CCDB from a junker C250i with shipping damage the issue was gone. Hope this helps!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Guys, before disassembling try this. I had this problem on 2 bizhub C250i. At 90% it is because the ADF is pushed too hard against the glass. Adjust the height screw and you will 90% solve this problem. No dirt problems.

a few things I forgot to mention. If I activate rear ADF switch then put a magnet on the front reed switch it will still detect paper on the glass with no ADF even installed. Also it is always detect 11" width paper. Put legal on the glass and it sees 11x17.