Technician

C224e - SMB scan failed to connect to serverq

Hi,
    I'm struggling with a C224e in setting up SMB scan entries. Devices are Windows 10 PCs, shared folder set up with user everyone, full read and write access, no AD but a simple workgroup in a LAN. I tried several combinations but none work, all are throwing errors about connecting to the server. I made sure the IP and DNS entries are correct, SMB 1 and 2 is on, printing works fine and scanning to FTP on some Win7 and even one W10 machine works with the FTP Utility.

I tried with both IP and Hostname. Tried path as "SCANS", "/SCANS", "//desktop1/SCANS". As username I typed everyone and nothing on password, maybe this is where it fails?

Sharing works just fine, folder is accessible and anyone can create files.

Anyone struggled with SMB scanning on Windows 10?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: C224e - SMB scan failed to connect to serverq

Quote Originally Posted by c3110 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm struggling with a C224e in setting up SMB scan entries. Devices are Windows 10 PCs, shared folder set up with user everyone, full read and write access, no AD but a simple workgroup in a LAN. I tried several combinations but none work, all are throwing errors about connecting to the server. I made sure the IP and DNS entries are correct, SMB 1 and 2 is on, printing works fine and scanning to FTP on some Win7 and even one W10 machine works with the FTP Utility.

I tried with both IP and Hostname. Tried path as "SCANS", "/SCANS", "//desktop1/SCANS". As username I typed everyone and nothing on password, maybe this is where it fails?

I think I would set a password and see if that corrects the problem.

Hi,

win10 causes all sorts of problems... I would suggest if Win10 hasn't disabled SMB 1 to do so because of security concerns

should be\\ ip address\scans
    for smb
    ftp would be the way you had it. /

the slash matters

You didn't need the two \\ on Konica it will add them

Windows 10 you will need a user password for smb

Last edited by bsm2; 09-12-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

If the client's PC is password protected you need to use those credentials. If not password protected do no fill in authentication fields.
    I always create a folder on C and name it Scans then in the scan path field use "Scans" no slashes.
    If this does not work I will then, with the customer's approval, create a new user that is password protected and has admin rights and use those credentials. That almost always works.
    If using hostname it needs to be all caps.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    If the client's PC is password protected you need to use those credentials. If not password protected do no fill in authentication fields.
    I always create a folder on C and name it Scans then in the scan path field use "Scans" no slashes.
    If this does not work I will then, with the customer's approval, create a new user that is password protected and has admin rights and use those credentials. That almost always works.
    If using hostname it needs to be all caps.
    Yep. I always like to create a new user simply because the customers will change their password and then they can't scan to folder.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

You must enter user name and password. User have to have read/write rights on folder. As a path you will need only "SCANS".
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Win 10 doesn't support SMB 1.0, so Fw must be GDL-M1 and nucht standard

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi,

You need to have a password set with Win 10.

If you are setting up via the copier use the reference button this will allow you to browse your network, find your PC log in, find your SCANS folder, then save in to the address book.

If you are manually entering the folder path you don't add the backlash \ etc (But looks like you are using a forward slash anyway!?)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

With GDF-M1 Firmware that support SMB2.0

There was a phenomenon in which ScanToSMB cannot be used without a password in the customer's device with the latest firmware.

The function in which SMB version of SMB client function can support only SMB2.0 (bit2)
    DipSW No.219 0x00: SMB1.0/2.0 (Default)