Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 364e HDD/SDD replacement

Re: Bizhub 364e HDD/SDD replacement

Sooo, not just me then?
    Sounds they need to hire the Oce' tech writers. Say what you want about their machines (the new ones especially suck since bought out by Canon), but the older SRS manuals were on point.
    I vividly recall my first day at a previous job, when part of my duties was the care and feeding (and occasional complete rebuild) of a couple Oce' 9800 large format copiers. We called these the Green Beast, and not because of the amount of work they could put out. The service manual was something like 2200 pages. It came bound with Chicago posts. The first time I was the SRS manual, I thought I'd have a stroke, but it was so well written and organized, that almost anyone could diagnose (if not fix) a problem within about 10 minutes, just by reading the error code and looking it up in the 'Oce' bible'.
    I mean, this silly contraption (the machine, not the manual lol) had an actual key like a car to switch it from OFF to RUN, to 'Service Mode'.
    I loved/Hated that thing. It was the only thing about that job I miss.

So here's a weird one...
    I figured that I'd just pull the drive and go back to fiddling with the network stuff until the new HDD arrives.
    I removed the drive, then powered the machine back on to uninstall it in software.
    I log into CE, go to the menu for HDD, and press the button to tell it that the Hard Drive is in fact NOT installed and.... nada.
    I know it takes a while, but I waited over a minute, and it never flipped. I tried it twice, nothing. It won't uninstall. Huh. Now what?
    I can just wait until the new drive comes, since I'll need that switch back on anyway, but I'm nowhere near that patient. Plus, I wanted to try to get it set up on my network and printing in the meantime.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

As for formatting, after clearing it out on a windows PC, do the physical format, reboot. You then get the message to reset encryption or format. Go back into service mode and do the logical. The logical should work after you've done the physical, if not then it's most likely an issue with the hard drive you are using.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    As for formatting, after clearing it out on a windows PC, do the physical format, reboot. You then get the message to reset encryption or format. Go back into service mode and do the logical. The logical should work after you've done the physical, if not then it's most likely an issue with the hard drive you are using.
    Tried that multiple times, no bueno.
    I have to assume the drive is somehow funky.
    I'm just gonna wait for the new one and try again.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmojo View Post
    Sooo, not just me then?
    Sounds they need to hire the Oce' tech writers. Say what you want about their machines (the new ones especially suck since bought out by Canon), but the older SRS manuals were on point.
    I vividly recall my first day at a previous job, when part of my duties was the care and feeding (and occasional complete rebuild) of a couple Oce' 9800 large format copiers. We called these the Green Beast, and not because of the amount of work they could put out. The service manual was something like 2200 pages. It came bound with Chicago posts. The first time I was the SRS manual, I thought I'd have a stroke, but it was so well written and organized, that almost anyone could diagnose (if not fix) a problem within about 10 minutes, just by reading the error code and looking it up in the 'Oce' bible'.
    I mean, this silly contraption (the machine, not the manual lol) had an actual key like a car to switch it from OFF to RUN, to 'Service Mode'.
    I loved/Hated that thing. It was the only thing about that job I miss.

So here's a weird one...
    I figured that I'd just pull the drive and go back to fiddling with the network stuff until the new HDD arrives.
    I removed the drive, then powered the machine back on to uninstall it in software.
    I log into CE, go to the menu for HDD, and press the button to tell it that the Hard Drive is in fact NOT installed and.... nada.
    I know it takes a while, but I waited over a minute, and it never flipped. I tried it twice, nothing. It won't uninstall. Huh. Now what?
    I can just wait until the new drive comes, since I'll need that switch back on anyway, but I'm nowhere near that patient. Plus, I wanted to try to get it set up on my network and printing in the meantime.
    Plug HDD back then go to uninstall it feom CE mode.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

the service manual was apparently translated from Japanese, and not particularly well.
    HAHAHAHAHA you have no idea how that carries even into the verbiage on the control panel.
    the c6500 during an adjustment says "please to set a mark of green paper......"
    no, there is a green triangle that prints on the sheet.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I thought I did that earlier, but I'll try it again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA you have no idea how that carries even into the verbiage on the control panel.
    the c6500 during an adjustment says "please to set a mark of green paper......"
    no, there is a green triangle that prints on the sheet.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Nope, no good.
    It doesn't seem to care if the drive is plugged in or not, it just doesn't want to let me uninstall it.
    I press [Not Installed] and wait, and .... nothing happens.
    I know the screen isn't locked up, since the keypad numbers register touch, and I can still back out of the screen with the [End] button.
    Very strange....
    I guess I'll just leave it installed, since the new drive is supposed to be here tomorrow.
    It didn't do this until I updated to the new firmware, could that have anything to do with it? Maybe the function 7 software assumes the HDD is installed and won't hear otherwise?

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Nope, no good.
    It doesn't seem to care if the drive is plugged in or not, it just doesn't want to let me uninstall it.
    I know the screen isn't locked up, since the keypad numbers register touch, and I can still back out of the screen with the [End] button.
    Very strange....
    I guess I'll just leave it installed, since the new drive is supposed to be here tomorrow.
    It didn't do this until I updated to the new firmware, could that have anything to do with it? Maybe the function 7 software assumes the HDD is installed and won't hear otherwise?
    Shouldn't have anything to do with the F/W as in any version of F/W, I've always been able to select uninstall prior to removing a HDD from these machines. Not sure what's going on.

Have you ever done a clear all data yet on this machine? If not, I'd definitely suggest that and maybe it will clear up some of the issues you're having.

Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

do it. clear all data. after this reset machine and go to system 1, install HDD after icon change go to state confirmation Memory/HDD Adj and on second side you have HDD. you must formatting in logicaly..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jumping Jack Flash's Avatar

Nope, no good.
    Very strange....
    Hi,
    C-D010 and 011 errors mean that the device has lost communication with the HDD.
    You may have disconnected the cables before turning off the HDD in CE mode.
    I also do not recommend deleting partitions and formatting by a Windows computer.
    Check the SATA version for SSD, it should be 6.05 and try to find some repair FW for SATA.
    In my opinion, you tortured the HDD.
    Good luck