Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: MPC3503 FUSER SLEEVE assembly with lamp into a MC4503

Quote Originally Posted by bategoiko View Post
    Hi! I have found the wattage marked on the lamps. Recently we opened all three "different" units from 03 series in order to compare them. We plan to order mainly sleeves for MPC4503 in the future.
    why tricky ricoh did not do that in the first place shows me like most big corps,they care more about the bottom line $$$
    than the service tech...............

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MPC3503 FUSER SLEEVE assembly with lamp into a MC4503

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Are you sure about this?
    I think you get a SC code if you try to use C2003 in the faster models, and vice versa.

Going to have to attempt this for myself later on, when I get back to the shop.
    Yes in the uk it works done loads of times
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Are you sure about this?
    I think you get a SC code if you try to use C2003 in the faster models, and vice versa.

Going to have to attempt this for myself later on, when I get back to the shop.
    In a heavy use machine where there are copy and/or print jobs with a large number of pages then the temperature will fade and cause it to code. if only small jobs are done the fusing unit will have a chance to recover between jobs. I have had it with older models that use a lamp in the pressure roller. Junior techs have diagnosed a pressure roller temperature code as a thermistor when it was actually the thermostat for the pressure roller lamp.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In a heavy use machine where there are copy and/or print jobs with a large number of pages then the temperature will fade and cause it to code. if only small jobs are done the fusing unit will have a chance to recover between jobs. I have had it with older models that use a lamp in the pressure roller. Junior techs have diagnosed a pressure roller temperature code as a thermistor when it was actually the thermostat for the pressure roller lamp.
    Slim out of interest, on analog models I worked(read Toshiba 99%) fuser related errors were well differentiated between thermistors and thermostats. Aren't Ricoh as well organized?
    Man, I red so good things about Ricoh machines here from trusted techs I can easily put them to top two brands. Other being Konica Minolta. I really touched few Ricoh ever but would love to work on them with documentation and access to tech site.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In defense of your junior tech, thermostats can react differently at temperature than when cold. I've seem thermostats read fine at room temp, but open up under load. Only after changing thermistors and sometimes lamps, ... and there's not much else left, then yes, the thermostat(s) eventually gets changed. This can get even more tricky on machines that are naturally prone to false fuser errors, or errors that result from power fluctuations.

Having said all that, I try to stick with the stock equipment whenever possible. It's hard enough to diagnose some issues without throwing in that wild card, like a low wattage lamp or an intermittent thermostat. =^..^=

EDIT:
    One of my more frustrating calls was on a Toshiba that had been fitted with the wrong model fuser. You would think that it would have errored out but it never did. It would take about 20minutes to come to "Ready". When you started a copy job it would print 5 pages, then go into "Warmup" for 30minutes, then print 4 or 5 more pages, then go into warmup ... you get the idea. This customer had been dealing with this for a while. After many many hours of the main motor idling during these warmup periods the main drive helical gears failed. The call was for gear noise. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    In defense of your junior tech, thermostats can react differently at temperature than when cold. I've seem thermostats read fine at room temp, but open up under load. Only after changing thermistors and sometimes lamps, ... and there's not much else left, then yes, the thermostat(s) eventually gets changed. This can get even more tricky on machines that are naturally prone to false fuser errors, or errors that result from power fluctuations.

Having said all that, I try to stick with the stock equipment whenever possible. It's hard enough to diagnose some issues without throwing in that wild card, like a low wattage lamp or an intermittent thermostat. =^..^=

EDIT:
    One of my more frustrating calls was on a Toshiba that had been fitted with the wrong model fuser. You would think that it would have errored out but it never did. It would take about 20minutes to come to "Ready". When you started a copy job it would print 5 pages, then go into "Warmup" for 30minutes, then print 4 or 5 more pages, then go into warmup ... you get the idea. This customer had been dealing with this for a while. After many many hours of the main motor idling during these warmup periods the main drive helical gears failed. The call was for gear noise. =^..^=
    With the models with a pressure roller heater that have been throwing pressure roller under temp errors during operation I will reset the code and turn the machine back on with the front door open. After going into SP mode and displaying fuser temperature for the pressure roller SP 1106-003 and 004 I will then close the door. If the pressure roller is slow in heating then either the pressure lamp or the pressure thermostat is open. If the reading stays at o or bounce around, the thermistor is bad. A couple of minutes observing can save a call back.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

ON the 03s series there is no lower/pressure roller lamp and it gets heated by the upper sleeve.
    I have seen fuser codes from dirty lower fuser thermisters,which I will check for any fuser code.
    The upper non contact ones remind me of the old aficio 1060 thermisters wth that little allen screw.
    And then you have the two thermoplies that sit on inner frame..
    a little overkill to me but i guess UL approval wanted it?