Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: Do you know anyone who has gotten Covid 19 ?

Another Uncle of mine this one is in Maryland not hospitalized yet but is suffering pretty bad

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Do you know anyone who has gotten Covid 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post

Cyril Ramaphosa the president of South-Africa.........
    No more freedom.
    Is it true they have banned alcohol sales in S.A, claiming those that bought it over Christmas were behaving irresponsibly?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Is it true they have banned alcohol sales in S.A, claiming those that bought it over Christmas were behaving irresponsibly?
    Previous lock down even tobacco got banned. Certain ANC politicians have fingers in the tobacco industry. There was no short supply of over priced illegal cigarettes form the same producers they are invested in. ANC members got caught red handed warehousing these illegal brands, no legal action followed. Most corrupt state in the world by my reckoning.

Yea can not buy any alcohol legally at this time. New years was fueled by illegal sales while the police force were pay off to look the other way. South-Africa being one of the youngest "democracies" the people fail to trust any other political party no matter how corrupt the current ANC government has proven to be. What ever the government announces the people follow blindly. The ideal place to implement the devises they have planed. ZA is in so much dept and will follow the route that promises to bring relief even if it means selling out the people to the CDC IMF and that ass called Bill Gates.
    Last edited by allan; 01-06-2021 at 08:24 PM.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have known several people with it although I've managed to stay clean so far. The difference in symptoms is absolutely crazy. My dad's whole household caught it and it ranged from him who had to be hospitalized and was absolutely wrecked by it for 12 days. All the way down to my brother who barely had a cough and we probably wouldn't have thought anything of it if they weren't already getting tests anyways. I suppose that's why numbers are so all over the place, really easy to transmit if you are on the lower end of the symptom spectrum.

In response to Allan about tests coming back negative, the rapid responce ones are definitely showing false negatives more often. Here at work they're having us take both after exposure, if the rapid comes back positive you go home if it comes back negative you get the in office quarantine treatment until the other test comes back. Luckily for us it isn't incredibly difficult to do most of our work from home so we've been able to self quarantine when necessary without always missing out on hours and stuff.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

My best friend, and both her children had it over Christmas, my friend is vulnerable, and struggled to breathe at times, but, luckily, didn't need to be hospitalised.

An old school was in hospital on a ventilator for several weeks in the middle of last year, and nearly lost her life.

A good friend of my son nearly lost his life early last year.

And my sister lost a friend this week.

My dad has severe dementia, and is now in a secure dementia ward in hospital, they discovered Covid on his ward this week, so everyone has to isolate and not leave their rooms, if my dad becomes infected there's a good chance I'll never see him again.

This is very real, that's why I take every precaution I possibly can, and stay home as much as possible
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    My dad has severe dementia, and is now in a secure dementia ward in hospital, they discovered Covid on his ward this week, so everyone has to isolate and not leave their rooms, if my dad becomes infected there's a good chance I'll never see him again.

This is very real, that's why I take every precaution I possibly can, and stay home as much as possible
    Would it be possible for someone to setup a laptop in his room so that you and other family members can visit with him virtually using Zoom or another similar software?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Dad's already better ... moving around and eating of his own volition. He's got a physical therapist coming in daily to get him moving.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to setup a laptop in his room so that you and other family members can visit with him virtually using Zoom or another similar software?
    I don't know yet, that may be possible at some point, but video calls really confuse him now, he has tried to take a phone apart a few times when I was on Facetime recently, he was trying to get me out of the phone. So, while video calls may be nice for the family, I don't want to risk it causing more confusion and upset to dad if I can help it.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post

Just found out dad has tested positive

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I got it at a weekend hockey game (masked the entire time) gave it to the other 4 adults in my house. My symptoms have been loss of taste, weird new smell to everything, minor congestion, very similar to your typical summer cold...except that I get exhausted in about 4 hours and have to take a nap. I am working from home and my team and mgmnt has been very supportive. Hope to be back at work in a few days.

Wanted to update this in case my experience can help others..2 days after my post I went to the ER..they sent me home with an inhaler. The day after that I was back at the ER with low O2 saturation, painful breathing and 104 temp..They admitted me and I was in the ICU for 5 days. Was given Resdemerol (sp) convalescent blood transfusion and steroids'. My blood work showed possible heart, and liver failure, and x rays revealed covid pneumonia. I do believe the treatments kept me from being another one of the daily Covid deaths. My wife was admitted 2 days after me with similar issues, A little less fever but worse lung problems. She was given the same course of treatments and was released after 1 week. Both my kids and one girlfriend (not mine lol) got it but wee able to recover with basic OTC meds. 3 months later I am just starting to feel back to 95% Actually was able to jog a little during my normal walk last night. I lost 20lbs (mostly muscle mass) and was unable to walk more than 1/8 mile for weeks. My latest blood test showed I'm fully recovered. I don't know what made Covid so bad for me and the wife, I only know of one other person that was hospitalized for this..Guys (and girls) I'm very happy to be above ground..now the biggest scare is the Hospital bill..between the both of us we had well into the 6 figures..We maxed out our out of pocket for the year at around 10K, but this is one bill I am happy to get paid off. Please, until this vaccine has done it's job, please do what you can to help other people not get this crap..not trying to argue the constitutional right to wear or not wear a mask, but unlike the flu, you can spread it long before you know you have it. I think this is the major reason why it has gotten so bad. If you do get it, don't assume you will be back to normal in 2-3 days (even though most will). Happy new year everyone. E