Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C8003 Fuser Heat Roller

Re: Ricoh MP C8003 Fuser Heat Roller

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybrown View Post
    I was not asking for you guys to figure out why these are failing, all I wanted to know is if anyone was seeing this and if there are any other options rather than buying the whole heat roller assembly. I would not be on here asking if I had not been through the parts manual including the 3d parts. You can get every part to rebuild the heat roller besides the outer sleeve, I was just wondering if there is any way to get just that part.

There is a fuser PM kit this usually works out cheaper.

You are paying £700 for the hotroller? sounds way to much try part number AE010125

Ricoh PMD257750K 750K PM Kit, Genuine (K5184)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I was not asking for you guys to figure out why these are failing, all I wanted to know is if anyone was seeing this and if there are any other options rather than buying the whole heat roller assembly. I would not be on here asking if I had not been through the parts manual including the 3d parts. You can get every part to rebuild the heat roller besides the outer sleeve, I was just wondering if there is any way to get just that part.
    By sleeve do you actually mean the Fusing Belt? I would think that a high speed machine would use a fusing belt not a flimsy sleeve. If that is the case it should be a standard scheduled maintenance item. I don't have the manuals on the C8003 but its predecessors the C8002, C7501 and C7500 all used a fusing belt. Try looking in the Maintenance section of the Product Support Guide.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

There is a fuser PM kit this usually works out cheaper.

You are paying £700 for the hotroller? sounds way to much try part number AE010125

Ricoh PMD257750K 750K PM Kit, Genuine (K5184)
    IMHO at that price it could be the entire fusing unit.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

We are having trouble with the Heat Rollers (D258-4460) in these machines completely failing. Some of them have ripped apart. The replacement part is $700 and i was just wondering if anyone out there has found the parts to rebuild these. I can find the two flanges (D258-4464 & D258-4465) and the core(D258-4468), but not the outer part which is the main problem.
    These fusers are very reliable a must don't just replace belt you MUST also replace the orange roller minimum. Best to rebuild completely with oem ricoh parts don't buy cheap they are rubbish.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

The guys are trying to help you here.
    I will guarantee you if you just replace the fuser belt without any other parts it will rip again that will be a waste of your time and money.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Buy the belt and rebuild it CORRECTLY.
    You can get out of it reasonably cheaply if you do the rebuild correctly.
    We don't buy the entire Hot roller assy...and in the 3d parts guide for my region even though it's named "Hot Roller assy...it's just the roller.