Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

Compatible Toner

I've been using toner from Static Control with zero problems and I've gone thru many of them. Very happy.

Today I was talking to a guy in Dallas that owns a major compatible cartridge business. We talked for about an hour and he told me about a Japanese company called: Tomoegawa. He says they are the biggest (locations all over the world) and the best makers of compatible toner. I've been researching them and they are definitely a huge company. I'm gonna order some samples and see how they work. Anyone ever heard of them?

Re: Compatible Toner

Mono printers and copiers machines maybe
    We used in Kyocera mono machines worked but blacks not as dark. Only had to replaced one Developer unit.
    Color printers and copier machines Never recommended.

Compatible Toner

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Mono printers and copiers machines maybe
    We used in Kyocera mono machines worked but blacks not as dark. Only had to replaced one Developer unit.
    Color printers and copier machines Never
    You simply haven't used the right brand color toner. You can't tell Static Control's toner apart from Kyocera Brand. And if you've never tried it. you really don't know. No offense intended but I've been doing this for a long time.

And that goes for other brands like HP, Lexmark, ect.

Compatible Toner

Anyone can choose to believe this or not:

The problem with compatible toner is that there so many bad toners out there that it gives the entire industry a bad name. Toner isn't some magical powder that can't be duplicated. If a company has the resources and expertise, I've seen with my own eyes cases that they made a superior toner compared to the Genuine Toner. True.

Compatible Toner

BTW: Thus far (I think) Phil is the only one that's ever heard of Static Control but it is right in his backyard.

Compatible Toner

On other note: Stay away from Chinese toner. Especially the color toner. You can use once, maybe twice, and then you'll notice that DV, transfer belt and other components will start to wear prematurely.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

We've been using KATUN for a while now along with OEM.

We had issues with the 560NT toners, but they fixed their formula in the new 561nt toners... And we've stopped having those under/Overtone issues.

But other than that, pretty solid toners.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    On other note: Stay away from Chinese toner. Especially the color toner. You can use once, maybe twice, and then you'll notice that DV, transfer belt and other components will start to wear prematurely.
    The problem with Chinese toner is - as with almost all non-OEM stuff from China - that even if you once had a good product, constant quality is not guaranteed. Most of the Chinese sellers are not the original producers but just agents. They pick and collect toner and parts obviously from here and there as it suits them. Noticeable by the ever changing way of packing of the products. Had once pickup rollers for KonicaMinolta which where really very good. Lasting almost as long as the OEM stuff, but the next order they where completely different. Looking very similar but a different packing and they where lasting only 25K when they had to be replaced.

Another problem with those agents is that most of them have no technical knowledge of the stuff they sell. Our company tried once cleaning blades from China. They came and looked OK which they probably where, more or less, but...... on the packing was stated not "Cleaning Blade for KonicaMinolta" but "Roller" Nothing else but only the one word "Roller".

Once we tried drums for BH-C-280. On the outside of the packing was indeed stated "Drum for C280" though without any further reference such as part number. Inside the carton tubes however where sometimes drums for the BH-C-280 but at the same time a few very different drums. Those where drums for the BH-C-353. Packing and the few markings exactly the same but inside two different types of drums.

There will be for sure suppliers in China for good stuff, but they are hard to find.

Hans
    Last edited by Hansoon; 01-27-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Compatible Toner

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I've been using toner from Static Control with zero problems and I've gone thru many of them. Very happy.

Today I was talking to a guy in Dallas that owns a major compatible cartridge business. We talked for about an hour and he told me about a Japanese company called: Tomoegawa. He says they are the biggest (locations all over the world) and the best makers of compatible toner. I've been researching them and they are definitely a huge company. I'm gonna order some samples and see how they work. Anyone ever heard of them?

What brand do you run this compatible toner on?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Compatible Toner