Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Printing Red turns yellow

All,

Hello! This will be my first post on here concerning a printer I'm having an issue with, so hopefully I provide enough of the right information. I've RTFM a few times, scoured the boards and google and I can't find any problems that resemble the issue I am having. Sooooo any advice is welcome!

The machine in question is a SP C830dn. The problem is when you print anything red, the top of the page is the red you'd expect, but as you go down the page it fades from red to orange to yellow. This machine has roughly 285K prints (counting B&W and Color)
    Every other color prints as intended

Things I've tried are as follows:
    Replaced the Cyan PDU/developer unit
    Replaced the Yellow PDU/developer unit
    Replaced the Magenta PDU/developer unit
    Replaced Fusing Unit (Dirty prints were a secondary problem, replacing fusing unit fix that)
    Under the maintenance section I tried color calibration and registration. The machine told me that the color registration could NOT be completed. I don't know why.
    Inspected transfer belt, it is clean with no signs of wear (I replaced this about 6 months ago because previous belt got caught up and had a rip in it.)

After doing everything listed above the problem still exists, no better but no worse either.

I'm having a hard time thinking of what else it could be. I've completed all the online stuff, but I'm still waiting for the classroom portion of the training.

Attached is an example of what I'm dealing with.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give, or direction you can point me in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Printing Red turns yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Biker View Post
    All,

Hello! This will be my first post on here concerning a printer I'm having an issue with, so hopefully I provide enough of the right information. I've RTFM a few times, scoured the boards and google and I can't find any problems that resemble the issue I am having. Sooooo any advice is welcome!

The machine in question is a SP C830dn. The problem is when you print anything red, the top of the page is the red you'd expect, but as you go down the page it fades from red to orange to yellow. This machine has roughly 285K prints (counting B&W and Color)

Replaced Fusing Unit (Dirty prints were a secondary problem, replacing fusing unit fix that)
    Under the maintenance section I tried color calibration and registration. The machine told me that the color registration could NOT be completed. I don't know why.
    Inspected transfer belt, it is clean with no signs of wear (I replaced this about 6 months ago because previous belt got caught up and had a rip in it.)

After doing everything listed above the problem still exists, no better but no worse either.

I'm having a hard time thinking of what else it could be. I've completed all the online stuff, but I'm still waiting for the classroom portion of the training.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give, or direction you can point me in.

did you clean the id sensors? ( that could be why ACC failed )

did you init all the parts replaced?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check your Cyan toner hopper, might be packed with hard toner. There is just enough not to trigger low toner, but not enough to do the print job.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    did you clean the id sensors? ( that could be why ACC failed )

did you init all the parts replaced?

With it being a printer it should have done all of that itself. Emphasis on the "should". Did you replace the complete PCDU's from a maintenance kit? The ID sensors being dirty will be the most likely cause for this but you need to make sure the devs have been initialised. Dirty laser glasses could also be a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Have you cleaned the laser slit glasses, or possibly even removed the laser unit and cleaned it?
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

All,

try to pull the ITB unit down, and check behind the belt for the various transfer rollers that their supports are not broken or out of place, or perhaps some loose / lost spring, if the roller behind the ITB belt is not pushing well against the belt in its full length could cause a similar problem, since the pcdu you said you changed it

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

All,

Have you cleaned the laser slit glass on magenta also check magenta transfer roller in transfer assy spring may of come out of place
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Before I do any speculating ... what do these test pages look like?:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Before I do any speculating ... what do these test pages look like?:
    Almost 7 years ago Paul with JustManuals had set up a web page with a number of test charts, but as he is unable to maintain it since he lost his battle with heart disease, his link is no longer valid. There are however some posts by you, Tonerbomb and ZOOTECH in the thread Test Charts that can still be downloaded. Somewhere on at least one of my older computers I had downloaded most of Paul's charts. If I can find them I will upload them and post a link to that thread.
    Last edited by slimslob; 02-11-2021 at 01:32 AM.

Hey everyone....I'm so sorry I haven't replied to my own thread in almost a week. Without going into it too much...I service a very large area and other "high priority" jobs came up right after I posted this.

These are all great ideas and I'll be sure to print all this and try every thing....I appreciate everyone's input.

Once I discover a solution I'll be sure to post what the cause and fix was.