Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Oki CX3535T / Toshiba E studio 3540c CA00 Error Code

Re: Oki CX3535T / Toshiba E studio 3540c CA00 Error Code

Have you tried 08 mode, 4546 to disable the color registration? If it works fine, then go into input/output mode, 03 and check the
    sensors.

Also...just remembered this one. Drove me nuts! Does the machine have any accessories? LCF, Finisher?
    If so, PLEASE check the 5 volt power supply line. Easy way to find it. Pop the top off the ADF, the larger connector coming from
    the machine to the ADF, locate the wire harness connector to the ADF board. The larger yellow wire is the 5v DC line. Check it.
    If it is below 4.92 volts, THAT can trigger the issue as well. On the older version of that machine, the DC power supply had adjustable
    pots, but in the newer version, they took the adjustment out. The switching regulators in those, were not really up to the load requirements
    when the accessories were added. Also, they had some batches of sensors that were troublesome and would "freeze" until powered off/on.
    Once we started cranking the 5 volt line to around 5.1 under load, a lot of are whacky goofy problems stopped. But, like I mentioned,
    some of the newer designs took the adjustment for the LVPS away.

Quote Originally Posted by bdesire View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, when I figure out the problem I will post it. The Black and Color maintenance kits have been installed with no change. The error code shows up immediately after the machine records the patches on the transfer belt. The machine won't allow printing or copying except In maintenance mode, it comes to ready to copy, performs a check of the transfer belt and right into the code. According to the client the machine worked fine in the morning and no response when trying to print in the afternoon. I will post what I find. Thanks again.

Hmm, I would check the Laser Unit, considering the age of the machine. I had to clean many of them being dusty. Easy to check is open the LSU Shutter and shine some light over the slit glasses, you would probably see them pretty witheish
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Have you tried 08 mode, 4546 to disable the color registration? If it works fine, then go into input/output mode, 03 and check the
    sensors.

Also...just remembered this one. Drove me nuts! Does the machine have any accessories? LCF, Finisher?
    If so, PLEASE check the 5 volt power supply line. Easy way to find it. Pop the top off the ADF, the larger connector coming from
    the machine to the ADF, locate the wire harness connector to the ADF board. The larger yellow wire is the 5v DC line. Check it.
    If it is below 4.92 volts, THAT can trigger the issue as well. On the older version of that machine, the DC power supply had adjustable
    pots, but in the newer version, they took the adjustment out. The switching regulators in those, were not really up to the load requirements
    when the accessories were added. Also, they had some batches of sensors that were troublesome and would "freeze" until powered off/on.
    Once we started cranking the 5 volt line to around 5.1 under load, a lot of are whacky goofy problems stopped. But, like I mentioned,
    some of the newer designs took the adjustment for the LVPS away.
    Hey Rusty good call. I now remember mine old battle with an estudio 35 DF false sensor reading and it was power supply that I had to replace...not ask me how I figured that out it was long time ago.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Been renting the 3040C and the 3540C machines for years now. Very few problems. Drum units go bad. I just purchased some back up parts machines and have made a fortune of those Toshiba's. Sorry to see them fading away.

Yeah, it was something that drove me nuts when it first started. One tech came in after working on an ADF on a 230 series. He said the
    same sensor went bad 2 times. I said once is unusual...TWICE is a trend. I had him take me with him when it happened a THIRD time.
    Checked the outlet, checked ok. Then I went digging. AC, 24v, 12v ok but when we checked the 5v, it was just a bit off and when we started
    running it, it went lower. Cranked it up to 5.2 and it never did it again. ANYTIME we had a strange issue, first thing I would have them do
    was to check the 5.1 volt line. EVERY time, it was low.
    Cheap switching regulators... Then of course they took the pots off of them so you couldn't adjust them. The 3540's were the first ones I
    think that didn't have the adjustment pots. Of course ATSG didn't or wouldn't give me the schematics. I'd just swap out the resistor on the
    switching regulator to boost the voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hey Rusty good call. I now remember mine old battle with an estudio 35 DF false sensor reading and it was power supply that I had to replace...not ask me how I figured that out it was long time ago.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

In service mode 08, key in 4546 and set it to 0. This will turn off the color registration. Power back up
    and run a color copy and see if it is off. Better yet, run 04 mode, and run 204, which is all colors in a
    grid pattern and see which one(s) are off. On that machine, yellow is fixed, and the other 3 colors are
    referenced to yellow. Then, try running 05 mode 4720 to tell you which color the machine thinks is off.
    It could be any number between 1 & 255. The number displayed tells you which color, along with if it
    is the rear or front sensor.
    I've had CA-00's come up before, turn off 4546, and the copies look perfect. But, if you run each color
    one at a time in 04 mode 220, you will see a thin white line through one of the colors. If the color is
    missing in the right spot, the calibration print looks like "bird feet" (>) If part of the arrow is missing,
    it will trigger the CA-00.
    08 4546 doesn’t do anything and neither does 05, 4720. The machine codes out before either of these. It looks as if the black has a faint line in however the developer and main charge unit has been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by bdesire View Post
    08 4546 doesn’t do anything and neither does 05, 4720. The machine codes out before either of these. It looks as if the black has a faint line in however the developer and main charge unit has been replaced.
    That's odd...08-4546 is suppose to tell the machine to NOT do color registration. Here's something you might try.
    Set 08-4546 to zero. Power off the machine. Open the front door, power on the machine. Let the screen come up
    to the point where it says "close front door" after the splash screen. Close the door and see if you can get it to
    a ready state then. Have you also tried to reflash the firmware?

Also, I had a 3540 series machine that was in an industrial steel plant area that was constantly having image CQ
    problems. I tracked down the CQ issue in the laser. Dust was accumulating on the mirrors along with the polygonal
    mirror. (dust actually etched the mirror). What I ended up doing was getting some foam tape, and took the cover
    off the laser, sealed along the edge of the laser cover, and, along the heat sink for the mirror motor. Never had another
    issue.

Laser Mod1.jpg4540C_Laser2.jpg456_Laser1.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

That's odd...08-4546 is suppose to tell the machine to NOT do color registration. Here's something you might try.
    Set 08-4546 to zero. Power off the machine. Open the front door, power on the machine. Let the screen come up
    to the point where it says "close front door" after the splash screen. Close the door and see if you can get it to
    a ready state then. Have you also tried to reflash the firmware?

Also, I had a 3540 series machine that was in an industrial steel plant area that was constantly having image CQ
    problems. I tracked down the CQ issue in the laser. Dust was accumulating on the mirrors along with the polygonal
    mirror. (dust actually etched the mirror). What I ended up doing was getting some foam tape, and took the cover
    off the laser, sealed along the edge of the laser cover, and, along the heat sink for the mirror motor. Never had another
    issue.

Laser Mod1.jpg4540C_Laser2.jpg456_Laser1.jpg
    Do you have a copy of the firmware? also do you have instructions for removing the laser unit? Thanks in advance.