Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C364e or C368?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C364e or C368?

C364e or C368?

I want to go to the next generation of used machines for my MFP rental business. What would you advise or prefer, the C364e or the C368?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Re: C364e or C368?

For the same reason I preferred the C360 for so long. Firmware and drivers are stable thru years of trail and error. I would choose the 4 series instead of the 8 series mainly due to the contact charge rollers.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I like them both. Like allan said drums are big advantage of 4e series, just make sure they're on right firmware level.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C364e or C368?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    For the same reason I preferred the C360 for so long. Firmware and drivers are stable thru years of trail and error. I would choose the 4 series instead of the 8 series mainly due to the contact charge rollers.
    Weigh up the price difference between the two take into account the IU costs. The 4e is a old model, now starting to have MFP & HDD failing.

I would choose the 8 series, the are basically an updated version of the 4e.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Weigh up the price difference between the two take into account the IU costs. The 4e is a old model, now starting to have MFP & HDD failing.

I would choose the 8 series, the are basically an updated version of the 4e.

Yea I don't know if the physical electronic prints and components are still as solid as with the older machines. A lady brought a C360 to our home based shop. She had the machine in her backyard under a tree for about 3 years. She did not know what to do with it an asked us if we will take it of her hands. After about another 3 weeks passed i decided to have a look at the machine. It was complete with all the units in place. I switched it on it asked for paper and the very first demo page printed and looked ok almost good! These machines are seriously tough.

Sorry end of side track.

3de party parts and consumables for the 4 series are available and cheap. Some of the 8 series stuff have not been released yet.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If future technolgy is a factor in your decision, then the 8 series is the answer. Not to mention the e series reach end of life starting in 2023..I don't think you find common supplies and parts after this date. E

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    If future technolgy is a factor in your decision, then the 8 series is the answer. Not to mention the e series reach end of life starting in 2023..I don't think you find common supplies and parts after this date. E
    Yes true. In most cases the customer just want a functional printer, scanner and copier. Its easy to get secondhand/used machines back out on SLA. Its profitable and low risk. Lets say you do nothing longer than a 3 year SLA that would then end from 2024 to 2026. Nice thing about limiting the models you put out is you can horde a bit on the common parts. With some luck you will be able to get old stock past the EOL date.

It all depends on how Hans runs his business. This is more for the indy guys out there. Not practical for dealerships to push old machines for to long.
    Whatever

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C364e or C368?

for being designated rentals, id go with the 8 series because they are more compliant with todays security requirements right out of the box.
    this makes it an easier fit to some networks and scanning.
    i mean i like the 4 series i guess because im so used to them, like the old EP1080\2080 back in the day.
    but for your needs i believe the 8s are the way to go.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

It depends on which customers you want to manage. If your customers are schools, churches, small companies that use the printer only for printing and not much for scans or other, I suggest the 4 / 4e series. If you buy them in good condition, all consumables have double their life and you will have the maximum profit.
    You try not to make contracts for 5 years but contracts for 1-2 years. This is because you will be able to evaluate how to continue your business if the pieces stop being produced. The cut-off date is set for 2023 but usually the pieces remain for many other years (warehouse residues).

Series 8 I recommend it for everything. In terms of security, I am still at a good pace for now. The consumables adhere to the information provided by the manufacturer, so if Konica Minolta tells you that a drum lasts 80k, the drum won't last any longer. Indeed, it usually expires at 70%.

I do not recommend the 8e series. I have had many printers with fusers failing at 40-50%, plus the problem of drums that expire sooner.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C364e or C368?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I would choose the 4 series instead of the 8 series mainly due to the contact charge rollers.
    The charge rollers are not really defect. The "foam" rollers (I don't know if it is the correct name) you could buy by Katun.