Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C401 - Cooling fan runs constantly

Hi all.
    Just picked up a low meter MP C401 (20K). Looks and runs perfectly except the fuser cooling fan runs constantly.
    I did some looking on the forum, but can't find much direction on this - for any model really.
    Firmware is as current as I have available to me at the moment (mid 2019), so I suppose it could be that, but never run across the issue before, and I have quite a few of them out.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: MP C401 - Cooling fan runs constantly

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Hi all.
    Just picked up a low meter MP C401 (20K). Looks and runs perfectly except the fuser cooling fan runs constantly.
    I did some looking on the forum, but can't find much direction on this - for any model really.
    Firmware is as current as I have available to me at the moment (mid 2019), so I suppose it could be that, but never run across the issue before, and I have quite a few of them out.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot
    since the fans are activated by the board, I would try to update the firmware or overwrite it, and do some sp801 engine
    I see that the fuser fans are two, (fan5, fan6) connected via cn7 and cn8 to cn120 on the BCU, then there is fan7 (drive) always on cn120.. does it also work in stand-by?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by luca72; 03-05-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check sp-1950 4 and 5

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Im sure you probably already checked but are the ozone filters for the machine clean?
    If it works, don't touch it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Hi all.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot
    Do you have it connected to a network? This sounds strange, but if the print driver is not PCL6 this can cause the fans to run constantly
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hi all.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot
    Try this
    Switch to this mode to enhance noise reduction.In silent mode, scanning and copying/printing is slower than usual.
    Press [Home] (Operation panel screen illustration) at the bottom of the screen in the center.
    Flick the screen to the left, and then press the [User Tools] (Operation panel screen illustration) icon.
    Press [Machine Features].
    Press [System Settings].
    Check that [General Features] is selected.
    Press [Silent Mode].
    Press [On].
    Press [OK].
    Press [Exit].
    Press [User Tools] (Operation panel screen illustration) on the top right of the screen.
    Press [Home] (Operation panel screen illustration) at the bottom of the screen in the center.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Try this
    Switch to this mode to enhance noise reduction.In silent mode, scanning and copying/printing is slower than usual.
    Flick the screen to the left, and then press the [User Tools] (Operation panel screen illustration) icon.
    Press [Machine Features].
    Press [System Settings].
    Check that [General Features] is selected.
    Press [Silent Mode].
    Press [On].
    Press [OK].
    Press [Exit].
    Press [User Tools] (Operation panel screen illustration) on the top right of the screen.
    Mark just hope Ricoh isn't like Brother
    On my few encounters with silent mode they(Brother MFPs) were pretty much annoying...killing me sooo slooowly
    Can't speak from experience about Ricoh but in any other brand I work picking used machine with strange behavior I would consider doing system clear/reset back to factory default. That may and actually saved my time in few cases when previous engineers changed some odd settings carelessly.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Mark just hope Ricoh isn't like Brother
    On my few encounters with silent mode they(Brother MFPs) were pretty much annoying...killing me sooo slooowly
    Can't speak from experience about Ricoh but in any other brand I work picking used machine with strange behavior I would consider doing system clear/reset back to factory default. That may and actually saved my time in few cases when previous engineers changed some odd settings carelessly.
    Hi ivo
    All used Ricoh I sell I take back to default once papercut etc is installed unless removed properly the machine is a nightmare to set up.

Stay safe friend.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Do you have it connected to a network? This sounds strange, but if the print driver is not PCL6 this can cause the fans to run constantly
    interesting, then, if it happens to me, to do a test, if I unplug the cable does it stop?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    interesting, then, if it happens to me, to do a test, if I unplug the cable does it stop?
    Yes if it happen to be SNMP queries that are kicking the fan on.