Thread: FW1512

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    FW1512

FW1512

... you gotta get it for the next revolution in Toshiba copier service!

... and do not ask me to send you the same.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    FW1512

Re: FW1512

We had to roll back one to 1502 after it went goofy. Tech called me said some people could print,
    some people couldn't print. It's a law firm, and unfortunately, they are in a 1930's building registered
    as a "historical building". (first am radio station in the city). Aren't allowed to make any real changes
    to the building...so everything is wifi printing. (My I.T. guy just LOVES that!) Had the tech pull the
    firmware update log file and it got the update around 2am, and their problems started that morning.
    Tech backed everything up, decommissioned everything, format, reinstalled 1502, the backup file and
    everything worked. Probably a flaky update, but, he's going to let it ride for a week, then I'll turn on
    the update again for that machine and see what happens.
    I'm the only one that does the cloud updates for our offices and it's the only one I know of that had
    an issue.
    I know it's impossible to test for everything but the 1500 series updates have had some interesting issues.

FW1512

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    We had to roll back one to 1502 after it went goofy. Tech called me said some people could print,
    some people couldn't print. It's a law firm, and unfortunately, they are in a 1930's building registered
    as a "historical building". (first am radio station in the city). Aren't allowed to make any real changes
    to the building...so everything is wifi printing. (My I.T. guy just LOVES that!) Had the tech pull the
    firmware update log file and it got the update around 2am, and their problems started that morning.
    Tech backed everything up, decommissioned everything, format, reinstalled 1502, the backup file and
    everything worked. Probably a flaky update, but, he's going to let it ride for a week, then I'll turn on
    the update again for that machine and see what happens.
    I'm the only one that does the cloud updates for our offices and it's the only one I know of that had
    an issue.
    I know it's impossible to test for everything but the 1500 series updates have had some interesting issues.
    Turn on the VNC and enjoy "contactless remote service" via TeamViewer or similar or via free Windows 10 Quick Assist. I went straight from V1304 to V1512. Happy days!

V1512 now enables Toshiba service technicians to, "for the very first time" to reach all of the Service menus of the copier including Notifications in real time!

You cannot do firmware updates remotely. You need eCC for that but this can do almost everything else in real time like you are standing in front of the copier!

There is great potential for any Toshiba service provider to save a lot of time and money during and post COVID-19 while increasing customer satisfaction. All customers are concerned about their security and safety.

Ricoh nows offers something similar called Remote+.

FW1512

On the new e400AC series there is a new LCD user button called "Remote Assistance".

I do not have one handy at the moment. These hot boxes sell out quickly especially the e330AC.

For some reason, this LCD button does not appear for me on my e2505AC at FW1512.

I suspect there maybe some funky service thing you could program into the LCD panel linking to a URL site to improve service again.

FW1512

Toshiba Tec Australia has a funky new service support capability called Kodo Raven.

Kōdo Raven - YouTube