Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    That is the exit sensor. But in my case the paper doesnt pass that sensor, it goes to the inverter tray, as it should, and then the machine stops.
    I did have a look at that sensor when I had the assembly at my desk, the sensor moved freely at least. But I can have a look manually in SP and try to actuate this sensor.

don't look at it, blow it well, you know how many! and as someone suggested you also clean the shafts well with the rubber rollers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have blowed with compressed air everywhere, cleaned everywhere, still the same.
    I stop with that, am going to order the inverter sensor based on the code that points to that sensor.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Really silly question it's not the tray above the output tray in the wrong place blocking the top output area
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Really silly question it's not the tray above the output tray in the wrong place blocking the top output area
    No questions are silly.
    One peculiar observation is that when the print is optimized for speed the paper are just 10mm short of clearing the inverter sensor. When I set that setting to "Normal" and the feed speed go down to a low speed the paper are several cm short of clearing the inverter sensor. And as I wrote in an earlier post, A4 SEF, A4 LEF and A3, all of which have different feed lengths, all stop at the same position from the trailing edge of the paper, despite A3 having been feed twice as long past the inverter sensor with its leading edge compared to A4 SEF. It is almost like I feel there might be a misconfiguration somewhere, dont know if that can be possible at all.

If you wonder about the print already at the top side of the paper it is because I have reused some sheets.

This is how it looks after the machine have stopped with speed set to normal, that is slower print speed than when it is set to speed priority:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Now that I have seen those pics, I can say I have had to pull inverter assemblies before to clean the solenoid (which was causing misfeeds), although not on this model. If you do, make sure the small, short harnessed connectors are seated upon reassembly.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

A correction to my previous post.
    It was not the speed/quality setting that determines the print speed and how far the trailing edge is from clearing the inverter sensor, it is the dpi setting which I changed at the same time. However, the connection between feed speed and the lenght missing for clearing the sensor remains, low feed speed and the paper misses with about 25-30mm, high feed speed and it misses by just 10mm.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    No because that is not an exit. The slot and tray are the inverter path. It becomes the main paper exit path only when the internal finisher is installed.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

No questions are silly.
    One peculiar observation is that when the print is optimized for speed the paper are just 10mm short of clearing the inverter sensor. When I set that setting to "Normal" and the feed speed go down to a low speed the paper are several cm short of clearing the inverter sensor. And as I wrote in an earlier post, A4 SEF, A4 LEF and A3, all of which have different feed lengths, all stop at the same position from the trailing edge of the paper, despite A3 having been feed twice as long past the inverter sensor with its leading edge compared to A4 SEF. It is almost like I feel there might be a misconfiguration somewhere, dont know if that can be possible at all.

If you wonder about the print already at the top side of the paper it is because I have reused some sheets.

This is how it looks after the machine have stopped with speed set to normal, that is slower print speed than when it is set to speed priority:
    you can attach the smc? only loggin data, not all

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

remove the paper reversal section where the paper gets stuck, it should be a breeze for you now since you have reassembled the fuser unit well; ) and check the rubber rollers that do not touch the plastic perhaps a little deformed by the heat of the fuser, if so you should file around them.