Smile issue with FS-534

hi how can solve an issue with my finsher that keeps stapling (5 times) after every wake up or if i open the door it did not use to do that before just started to happen ,i took it apart cleaned and put it back still happening i updated the firmeware still noting ,

any suggestions?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    issue with FS-534

Re: issue with FS-534

Quote Originally Posted by Boyaka1989 View Post
    hi how can solve an issue with my finsher that keeps stapling (5 times) after every wake up or if i open the door it did not use to do that before just started to happen ,i took it apart cleaned and put it back still happening i updated the firmeware still noting ,

any suggestions?
    Is it actually producing staples, or just dry firing?
    If it is not producing staples it means it is trying to advance the next layer of staples. That indicates an issue either with the current staple cartridge or the stapler itself. Try another new cartridge. If that doesn't work it is probably best to have an authorised tech look at it if you are not one.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Is it actually producing staples, or just dry firing?
    If it is not producing staples it means it is trying to advance the next layer of staples. That indicates an issue either with the current staple cartridge or the stapler itself. Try another new cartridge. If that doesn't work it is probably best to have an authorised tech look at it if you are not one.
    it is producing staples

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Perhaps stupid question but did you try to power off and unplug the machine for a minute?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    issue with FS-534

it is producing staples
    Try what tsbservice suggested.
    If it is producing staples it doesn't see the next layer advancing. Sounds like a staple unit problem. It may be as simple as a stray staple stopping the unit from recognising the staples.
    Remove the current cartridge and check the staple unit for stray staples. Install a new staple cartridge and try that.
    Replacing the staple unit may end up being the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Try what tsbservice suggested.
    If it is producing staples it doesn't see the next layer advancing. Sounds like a staple unit problem. It may be as simple as a stray staple stopping the unit from recognising the staples.
    Remove the current cartridge and check the staple unit for stray staples. Install a new staple cartridge and try that.
    Replacing the staple unit may end up being the answer.

okay when i encountered this issue i did the following; unpluged and waited ,updated the firmware ,replaced the staple cartridge and took out the finsher and cleaned the sensors checked if any stapels stuck nothing helped . the machine is working and stapling my documents but everytime the wakesup its just stapling 5 to 6 times using up the staples .

okay when i encountered this issue i did the following; unpluged and waited ,updated the firmware ,replaced the staple cartridge and took out the finsher and cleaned the sensors checked if any stapels stuck nothing helped . the machine is working and stapling my documents but everytime the wakesup its just stapling 5 to 6 times using up the staples .
    Then must be on the stapler unit itself as mentioned . When a new cartridge is installed it will staple 5 times. Not sure if it will do it even if you manual advance the staples then installing it.
    Take the unit out and check to see if it advances the staple correctly and it the sensors are in check.
    Whatever

Technician

any suggestions?
    I have seen this now and again. first change out the whole stabler magazine/container. If still a problem, then change the stapler unit.

For what its worth, ive had about 5 or 6 of these, and its always been stuck staples in the cartridge