Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

KMBH 754 ADF Paper read issue

I had to change a broken guide on the adf, re set the calibration in service mode, all good in landscape, when we switch to portrait its calling for 11 x 17 ? i checked the sensors in service mode all seem to be working but the one to the left just past the pick up mechanism as the paper goes down into the adf. the one on the right is reacting . but i do get it to read 8 x 11 portrait intermittently .
    is there a calibration for this direction as well? im not aware of it.
    any help is gratefully appreciated
    Thanks

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: KMBH 754 ADF Paper read issue

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I had to change a broken guide on the adf, re set the calibration in service mode, all good in landscape, when we switch to portrait its calling for 11 x 17 ? i checked the sensors in service mode all seem to be working but the one to the left just past the pick up mechanism as the paper goes down into the adf. the one on the right is reacting . but i do get it to read 8 x 11 portrait intermittently .
    is there a calibration for this direction as well? im not aware of it.
    any help is gratefully appreciated
    Thanks
    If it was working fine before the guide replacement, then something had to happen in the replacement process. Maybe a sensor was partially unplugged or something similar. I'd re-secure all plugs that have to do with the size detection and then see what happens.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: KMBH 754 ADF Paper read issue

Paper size in general(ADF use) is determined by variable guide(main scan) plus two length optrons(sub scan). First need to be calibrated and optrons are mechanically operating. Clean them with canned air and make sure actuator return springs are promptly operating. But I'm too lazy to open Service manual right now...so
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.