Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh MP c6502

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Ricoh MP c6502

I don't service these copiers enough to warrant getting a manual. So I had this question: Can the front door of this copier only be opened when in error mode? I have attempted to open it without success, and I am wondering if there is something I am missing that will allow me access.
    An additional question, is the SP access code 806182, and is this where I'd find where to open the door? If it is where I find, what would the code be?

Thank you for any help provided.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c6502

Re: Ricoh MP c6502

Anyone who attempts to work on a Production or high volume model without a manual is asking for nothing but headaches. It costs absolutely nothing to place a request for a service manual in the Service Manuals Requests forum. Most other techs here are more than happy to provide one free of charge when you do.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c6502

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Anyone who attempts to work on a Production or high volume model without a manual is asking for nothing but headaches. It costs absolutely nothing to place a request for a service manual in the Service Manuals Requests forum. Most other techs here are more than happy to provide one free of charge when you do.
    +1 on all of this statement

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    I don't service these copiers enough to warrant getting a manual. So I had this question: Can the front door of this copier only be opened when in error mode? I have attempted to open it without success, and I am wondering if there is something I am missing that will allow me access.
    An additional question, is the SP access code 806182, and is this where I'd find where to open the door? If it is where I find, what would the code be?

we don't have that model around, so I don't know it, but I deduce that if the door doesn't open, it means that some parts are not in hp, and the draft cannot scroll out, I think in sp "output check" or other sp, there is one
    some sort of mechanism free run routine to release or test the draft lock, maybe you need to have other background information, for example, in some model, spinning the fuser sleeve without opening the waste toner box door, can destroy it...just to name one

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c6502

You should be able to open front door in ready state and when powered off. Maybe something is blocking opening. As fas as i remember when you "pull handle" machine "unlocks" door in couple seconds and you can slide it out.
    I have only two in the field, with just few service calls, changing pcu cleaning, so not too familiar with problems.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c6502

As others have said if you are not trained on this model best not to touch it especially without the service manual.

This model has a locking system to prevent you from opening the front draw while the transfer is engaged to prevent damage.

Shut down the machine the draw should unlock itself unless you have an error related to this area.

Service mode is the same as other Ricoh models.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c6502

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    You should be able to open front door in ready state and when powered off. Maybe something is blocking opening. As fas as i remember when you "pull handle" machine "unlocks" door in couple seconds and you can slide it out.
    I have only two in the field, with just few service calls, changing pcu cleaning, so not too familiar with problems.
    Could be he just doesn't know where the release for the drawer is located. It's in the users manual that Ricoh makes available for free on their public public page.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c6502

If you have a jam, you need to open the finisher door and the LCT doors first before the main drawer will unlock.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Whatever you do don't try to force the door open you can break or bend the rotating cam pin that locks the door and then it will really be stuck there is a procedure in the manual that allows you do manually unlock it if needed puts its pretty involved process. requiring major disassembly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Thanks; I would hope the fact that I've been in the business since 1984 would count for something instead of being made to feel like an idiot. The customer who has the machines runs a print shop and with experience only on printing presses does most the service himself. I just try to learn the machine as I go using my knowledge from other copiers and picking the brains from other techs. I just found it interesting that the door could only be opened in error mode and figured there had to be another way to open door. I will not attempt any repair without getting info. About the only thing I have use for a manual is error codes and SP modes. I appreciate what HELP is offered.