Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician ComputerSupplyWarehouse's Avatar

Re: Just got 15 Bizhubs and need help

I have got several working but I am getting an error still on a few of the units that I can't get past. I have performed the physical format but the logical format wont work. The start button stays red and I have the "Reset HDD Lock Password" error on boot. I did the "Stop - 0 - c" and turned CE Authentication OFF. I thought that would take care of the error but it didn't. Any suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Someone really got lazy here..Bizhub secure was enabled and it looks like they removed the HDD without disabling this 1st. The machine is looking for the passphrase to proceed. You may try a physical format one more time. E

the format did not take. doing the physical format in service mode resets the lock pw. other things that could cause this are changing boards or ssd unit willynilly between units.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Someone really got lazy here..Bizhub secure was enabled and it looks like they removed the HDD without disabling this 1st. The machine is looking for the passphrase to proceed. You may try a physical format one more time. E

You are correct. They just pulled drives and sent them out the door. I will try and reformat. Thanks!

I need to fix the error "Reset HDD Lock Password"

Reformatting the drives did not work. I tried to reformat drives in two of the units with the HDD Password error (363) and received the same error. I pulled one of those drives and put it in another 363 that I was able to get working on my first run through with these. The drive apparently was formatted properly (physical) and I was able to perform a logical format on that drive with no problem. Then tried to put the drive from the known working unit into the HDD Locked Password unit and had the same errors

So the problem is I can't perform a logical format on the units with the HDD Password error. I need to figure out how to remove the error and/or reset these so that I can perform a logical format. Is there a way to reset these units to default?

I think you need to get into admin mode/Security/Storage mgmgnt settings HDD lock password..
    Enter any new 20 character password twice, hit OK
    machine will reboot and you will need to go into admin mode and format HDD again.
    After this you can use the new lock password to disable the HDD lock feature, you will also need copy of movie data and any other LDD/File for associated options.

E