Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    New MP 301 drums

New MP 301 drums

Howdy folks

Has any body seen the new MP 301 drums? Im still using up old stock but apparently they "fixed" it.
    There is a TSB they have improved the sealing so the gears don't wear down and grind.

D127 2212

rfg085001.pdf
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New MP 301 drums

Re: New MP 301 drums

We have not seen the new ones yet, there may be a lot of the old stock to go through. I'm eagerly waiting for the new style to come through.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    New MP 301 drums

Toke them long enough. They changed the development case for the AFICIO 3025/3030/MP 2510/MP 3010 for the same problem back in March of 2007.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Toke them long enough. They changed the development case for the AFICIO 3025/3030/MP 2510/MP 3010 for the same problem back in March of 2007.
    Indeed, perhaps this is just a late april joke - we managed to swap most MP301 by now

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

I've still got 800-ish about, I'll keep you posted if I am fitting them as often.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    New MP 301 drums

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    We have not seen the new ones yet, there may be a lot of the old stock to go through. I'm eagerly waiting for the new style to come through.
    In Canada we can still order the old part number.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    I've still got 800-ish about, I'll keep you posted if I am fitting them as often.
    Urgh... my condolences^^

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Lest we also forget the great toner change of the MP 4000/5000. The number of times customers would pull out a bottle of the old stuff and contaminate everything in the dev unit.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

I've already had about 3 or 4 of the 2212 version come in recently and already had to go out and fit 3 of them... one of the 2110 versions had only done 7k before giving the machine sc500 from motor overload where it couldn't turn at all. 7k!!
    For me it has never just been about gears seizing up, sometimes the gears all turn fine but it leaves a grey background after about 15k or starts gettin lines after 18k... its at the point where to me they only have a 20k life and anything beyond that is extraordinary.
    Really REALLY hope they have fixed these as for some reason we still have so many in the field. My company still seems to think they are a recent model and we still sell them, not even new ones either... refurbished ones. Unfortunately engineers are the only people who can see anything long term (profit/loss)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    New MP 301 drums

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    I've already had about 3 or 4 of the 2212 version come in recently and already had to go out and fit 3 of them... one of the 2110 versions had only done 7k before giving the machine sc500 from motor overload where it couldn't turn at all. 7k!!
    For me it has never just been about gears seizing up, sometimes the gears all turn fine but it leaves a grey background after about 15k or starts gettin lines after 18k... its at the point where to me they only have a 20k life and anything beyond that is extraordinary.
    Really REALLY hope they have fixed these as for some reason we still have so many in the field. My company still seems to think they are a recent model and we still sell them, not even new ones either... refurbished ones. Unfortunately engineers are the only people who can see anything long term (profit/loss)
    One thing that I have encountered when a machine throws an SC500 is that the developer is piled up at the back end of the mixer coil of the unit. The gears would be fine with little or no developer around the gears. What I found was the opening between the two coils at that end was clogged. After clearing the with a spring hook I was able to level the developer off in the coils and get it to work.