Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Sharp MX-B402 Glass Fogging

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    On Kyocera KM2050 family machines the underside of the slit glass becomes hazed with ozone, directly over the fuser. On those machines, we would use self-adhesive mylars to seal up the openings into the bottom of the scanner optics. Additionally, I would use self adhesive foam seals on the left side covers, because the covers seemed to channel the air directly onto the slit glass. Once the scanner was sealed up it took longer for the glass to haze.

I don't know if you can use that information, but it might be a help to you. =^..^=

Thanks, blackcat4866, for your response; some good tips to try. I had been wondering about possible ozone contamination causing the fogging.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-B402 Glass Fogging

It's not that bad to remove the top on the MX-B402 units after you have done a few. Like Phil B said, once you have access to the glass use some rain x under it, it seems to work pretty good on these units.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    It's not that bad to remove the top on the MX-B402 units after you have done a few. Like Phil B said, once you have access to the glass use some rain x under it, it seems to work pretty good on these units.

Thanks, copiertec...I am going back to this customer on Wednesday (Apr. 28), and plan on disassembling again and cleaning the glass then treating it with the Rain X. So, I guess I will soon see if this helps with the problem occurring on a less frequent basis.

Technician

My Sharp rep told me years ago that it was from the glue used by the manufacture. It was fogged up brand new out of the box. So Brillianize the under side might help.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kp101 View Post
    My Sharp rep told me years ago that it was from the glue used by the manufacture. It was fogged up brand new out of the box. So Brillianize the under side might help.

Thanks, kp101 for your input. I have already been back to the original customer, cleaned the underside of the glass and used some Brillianize. (Someone else suggested the RainX, but I didn't have any; I do carry the Brillianize). I have not heard any thing since, from this customer ( and hope I don't for this same issue.)

Thanks, again!