Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    mpc6004ex as a network device for scans

Re: mpc6004ex as a network device for scans

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    To truly scan to their network they will need a proper SMB setup: even an always-on PC with a shared folder will do the trick.
    This should do it.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    You'll need to explain to the customer that the 'Document Server' feature isn't a network server, it's dedicated storage on the machine for storing documents for print on demand. It's for things like safety checklists or fax cover sheets: documents that don't change and need to be printed frequently.

To truly scan to their network they will need a proper SMB setup: even an always-on PC with a shared folder will do the trick.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Well Said!
    I'd love to hear the rationale for why they would ever want the machine configured this way. Makes no sense at all to me

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Well Said!
    I'd love to hear the rationale for why they would ever want the machine configured this way. Makes no sense at all to me
    I've been "isolated" to Ricoh for many years now, but I have heard that some other manufacturers provide that functionality.

Definitely a bad idea to have the capability; I can seen a ton of scenarios where really nasty things could happen.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I've been "isolated" to Ricoh for many years now, but I have heard that some other manufacturers provide that functionality.

Definitely a bad idea to have the capability; I can seen a ton of scenarios where really nasty things could happen.
    They definitely do.
    While, I'm only dealing with Ricoh myself, I upgraded a customer about 8 months ago to a C3504, and was surprised to find out that's how they were scanning to their old machine that apparently wasn't compatible with Windows 10 (at least according to their previous tech)
    I think the other machine was a Toshiba, but not sure.
    They lived with it for a couple of years. They'd scan to the machine, then copy the file over to a server folder because their concern was with the machine's HDD dying.
    Not exactly the most efficient method

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

The client had a previous machine that did this, this is why they were wanting it hat way
    and old Toshiba Estudio8610 ....blah blah something, this is what set all this in motion
    the old " well the other machine did it"....LOL
    Im setting it SMB on there server, same thing,,,, just different... LOL

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    The client had a previous machine that did this, this is why they were wanting it hat way
    and old Toshiba Estudio8610 ....blah blah something, this is what set all this in motion
    the old " well the other machine did it"....LOL
    Im setting it SMB on there server, same thing,,,, just different... LOL
    "Well, the old machine was far less secure and reliable."

Put that in your proverbial pipe and smoke it, as the saying goes.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

i can scan to the hdd, but the network device doesnt show any folders, or scans, but they are in the doc server, i need to be able to retrieve them of the network, the 6004 is on the net work, and shared, but the scans dont show up
    please advise.. thanks you
    I may be completely misunderstanding what you're asking for, but, if you scan using the scanner classic app, select store file, then scan to HDD, the scans will be accessible through the WIM
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

i can scan to the hdd, but the network device doesnt show any folders, or scans, but they are in the doc server, i need to be able to retrieve them of the network, the 6004 is on the net work, and shared, but the scans dont show up
    Ricoh do a scan to folder configuration tool. If your machine is on the network it will do very thing for you just Google ricoh scan to folder configuration tool it will take you to ricoh download page good luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician

I cannot understnd you
    you want see any scaned in your machine from web monitor
    or
    you need scan to folder?
    can you tell me on my whatsapp
    Last edited by farhad; 05-11-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ricoh has a new scan to folder setup tool. ricoh stfconf tool v2.2.6... you can login and download it from the ricoh site. i have used it and it seems to work alright. occasionally it hasn't worked correctly and i just revert to the old school method of setting up scanning. but that tool is pretty easy and straight forward to setup.