Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.

MPC 5000 tray 2 Guid plate

Could someone please give me a heads up on how to replace the tray 2 guide plate in a MPC 5000? (The larger one, "GUIDE PLATE 2" in the parts catalogue) Do I remove the paper feed unit maybe? I had to brute force the old on out as the one of its connectors snapped off and it had gotten jammed between the bottom of the duplex and the paper feed unit blocking the lower trays.
    "See if you can rent a spring hook and a phillips screwdriver it will make your life that much easier..."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MPC 5000 tray 2 Guid plate

Quote Originally Posted by neergish View Post
    Could someone please give me a heads up on how to replace the tray 2 guide plate in a MPC 5000? (The larger one, "GUIDE PLATE 2" in the parts catalogue) Do I remove the paper feed unit maybe? I had to brute force the old on out as the one of its connectors snapped off and it had gotten jammed between the bottom of the duplex and the paper feed unit blocking the lower trays.
    remove the duplex for easier access to the guide plate

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    remove the duplex for easier access to the guide plate
    +1
    You can do tray 1 without removing duplexer, but not tray 2.
    It comes off pretty easily too if you RTFM .

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neergish View Post
    Can't you just unhook the front bracket so the duplex assy lowers pretty sure you don't have to remove door completely
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Can't you just unhook the front bracket so the duplex assy lowers pretty sure you don't have to remove door completely
    +1
    This is what I do myself.
    You do need to remove the duplex cover, and also the rear side connector cover if I recall correctly, but he will still need to read the manual to find out how to release it because it's not that obvious, and then just prop it up on a chair or something so as to not stress the connectors

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    +1
    This is what I do myself.
    You do need to remove the duplex cover, and also the rear side connector cover if I recall correctly, but he will still need to read the manual to find out how to release it because it's not that obvious, and then just prop it up on a chair or something so as to not stress the connectors
    I usually find a short trash can around, and maybe some 3 ring binders to fine tune the height.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.

Thanks for the info, haven't gotten back to the machine as yet. I have the manual, I have gotten as far as removing the front bracket and releasing the spring from the cable on the other side. With the duplex lowered as far as the connector allows (I have a milk crate which has worked out to be the perfect height) there still isn't room enough to get the jolly guide plate in, so I will whip the duplex it off and see how I get on.
    "See if you can rent a spring hook and a phillips screwdriver it will make your life that much easier..."