Technician

How to calibrate drums of Sharp machines (MX-2640N)

Dear technicians,

we got a MX-2640N.

If I print colored test pages the color yellow is 1mm on the left side, so all colored textures have a yellow shadow on the left side.
    If I print/copy black and white the printings are perfect.

Could you tell me how to calibrate the drums?
    I didn't find any service manual online.

I know how to come in simulation mode, but I can't find how to calibrate the drums.

Could you help me?

Regards, Paul

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: How to calibrate drums of Sharp machines (MX-2640N)

I do maintenance in this order: 44-2, 50-22, 44-27, 44-6,44-26, 46-74

50-22 is the color registration (your problem) it will direct you to turn the calibration screw either right or left for each drum. Something like Yellow NG 3.5L would mean to turn the yellow registration screw 3 or 4 clicks to the left. As long as it says OK instead of NG you shouldn't have any visible registration issues. The screw is located under the drums, no disassembly. You'll hear and feel a click with each turn.

Technician

Thank you very much!!!

If I make reset of the machine through the Webinterface, the machine resets, but the adress book and the network settings (SMTP, DNS...) did not reset.
    Do anybody have an idea how to make a reset of the network settings?

Regards, Paul

Are you not able to reset the address book and network settings manually though the web interface entering as an admin? That would be the easiest way for you to do it. Select all and delete the address book is now a clean slate, same with the network settings, boom you are done.

Go into the settings mode, choose the security settings, choose Initialize private data.

This will take some time to run but all data in address book, document filing, etc will be removed.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I do maintenance in this order: 44-2, 50-22, 44-27, 44-6,44-26, 46-74

50-22 is the color registration (your problem) it will direct you to turn the calibration screw either right or left for each drum. Something like Yellow NG 3.5L would mean to turn the yellow registration screw 3 or 4 clicks to the left. As long as it says OK instead of NG you shouldn't have any visible registration issues. The screw is located under the drums, no disassembly. You'll hear and feel a click with each turn.

Generally 46-74 does the procon adjustments and calibrations you do in 44-2/ 44-27/ 44-6/ 44-26 . You pretty much only need to do 50-22 and 46-74. I only utilize the others when I am having issues calibrating with 46-74.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

I know this thread is 2 weeks old. But wanted to add my two cents. When I service these color machines, I always at the end of my service call do the following calibrations in this order. All in all it's about a 5 minute adventure.

50-22/ 44-2/ 44-6/ 44-27/ 44-26/ THEN 61-13/ 61-11 Light, Medium and Dark/ then 46-74

The 61-13 and Light Medium Dark calibrations in 61-11 is very important on the 2640's and family (3140/3640/4141/5141's). This MFP has a bad habit of having uneven color copies and prints.
    Please see TT-100314_2: Front and Rear Color Unevenness.

My two cents.

Good luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

SO I would definitely do a FULL calibration on this as suggested. BEFORE you do it.....clean the density sensors....and run a dv refresh 44-17, then do 50-10 adj for the trays. NOT 50-28. if these are not correct machine wont calibrate correctly. Inspect the transfer belt for scratches in the areas below the density sensors. If there are ANY....replace the belt. I would also suggest doing the lsu power calibration 61-13 then 61-11 as suggested. I have 100s of Aries 2 in the field and fix this stuff all the time. MY rules are...keep the supplies in cycle on the same cycles (dv and drums same counts for color, bw can be diffenent but dv needs to be the same as the drum), update the firmware to latest, and do full calibration each time you are there for service. I rarely have issues since I follow these and inspect the belt and density sensors when I am on site.

My post is a best practice post. Yes registration 50-22 may fix the issue, but...if you have a scratched belt, or a dirty density senor and try that....you may end up with all colors out of whack and not lining up and cannot fix it. Also not calibrating properly can cause you random weird issues that are difficult to troubleshoot and may waste time and parts. Gone are the days of break fix on sharp machines, now you just have to go by the book if you dont want headaches LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    SO I would definitely do a FULL calibration on this as suggested. BEFORE you do it.....clean the density sensors....and run a dv refresh 44-17, then do 50-10 adj for the trays. NOT 50-28. if these are not correct machine wont calibrate correctly. Inspect the transfer belt for scratches in the areas below the density sensors. If there are ANY....replace the belt. I would also suggest doing the lsu power calibration 61-13 then 61-11 as suggested. I have 100s of Aries 2 in the field and fix this stuff all the time. MY rules are...keep the supplies in cycle on the same cycles (dv and drums same counts for color, bw can be diffenent but dv needs to be the same as the drum), update the firmware to latest, and do full calibration each time you are there for service. I rarely have issues since I follow these and inspect the belt and density sensors when I am on site.

My post is a best practice post. Yes registration 50-22 may fix the issue, but...if you have a scratched belt, or a dirty density senor and try that....you may end up with all colors out of whack and not lining up and cannot fix it. Also not calibrating properly can cause you random weird issues that are difficult to troubleshoot and may waste time and parts. Gone are the days of break fix on sharp machines, now you just have to go by the book if you dont want headaches LOL!!
    I have not performed the 44-17 that I can recall. I looked it up in the service manual but it said not to use unless specifically needed. I seen where this is a dv blade, drum and dv refresh. Could you give me more info on the 44-17? When do you use it and why, etc. What are results of dv refresh.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Try crop 44-2 ,44-6 ,50-22

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk