Technician ComputerSupplyWarehouse's Avatar

How to Ship Copiers / Bizhubs for sale

I have a few copiers that I am going to ship. Bizhub 363 models. What is the best way to put these on a pallet and secure them. Should they be lifted off the wheels and a support be built to put under the unit? What is the best way to strap a unit without causing damage. Any links or pics would be appreciated of how these ship best. THANKS!

I also have for sale,
    Bizub 552
    Bizhub c368
    and a few Bizhub 363's

All pulled from a working office, new hd's installed and tested.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: How to Ship Copiers / Bizhubs for sale

There are companies that specialize in the long haul moving of copiers. Wulff Enterprises and a few others. You really don't need to do anything to prep them. Just be there when they pick them up. I think MOE is another.

I have talked with them and just too high for the quality of units I have. Wouldn't be worth shipping them. Have some great quotes from freight companies but I need to handle the palletizing and securing. Looking for any tips. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Found this pic online. I don't like the strap on the doc tray. Right now I would not trust any trucking company to move anything like this and not damage it. For the last few months every shipment I have unloaded I had to unboxed and checked for damaged. I've had more damaged equipment this year than in the 10 years prior. Even trucking companies that never delivered beat to crap boxes are showing up with cartons in horrible conditions. I wear some of it was laying on it's side at some point. In the good old days Sharp would put tip and shock sensors on their cartons. Sharp sent out a bulletin recently addressing the the massive amounts of damaged shipments.

s-l1600.jpg

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    How to Ship Copiers / Bizhubs for sale

I've ordered copiers from all over the country and don't think I've ever seen one on a pallet unless it was new and in the box. The ones I've seen are wrapped in stretch wrap, covered with a moving blanket and strapped down to the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    Found this pic online. I don't like the strap on the doc tray. Right now I would not trust any trucking company to move anything like this and not damage it. For the last few months every shipment I have unloaded I had to unboxed and checked for damaged. I've had more damaged equipment this year than in the 10 years prior. Even trucking companies that never delivered beat to crap boxes are showing up with cartons in horrible conditions. I wear some of it was laying on it's side at some point. In the good old days Sharp would put tip and shock sensors on their cartons. Sharp sent out a bulletin recently addressing the the massive amounts of damaged shipments.

s-l1600.jpg
    It looks like they got it off the wheels with blocks and plywood underneath to make sure the weight is spread out. Kind of what I was thinking but maybe screwing some 2x4 around the base with some foam in between the wood and the copier. Then the lateral forces will be more on the frame and less on the straps. The straps should probably just keep it from tipping. Thanks for the pic! Exactly what I needed to see.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Do not palletize like from photo.
    Place your machine on pallet (make sure wheels stay on flat surface - wooden board underneath). You must wrap the printer first otherwise paper trays will open during the transportation. Put cardboard on top of adf and make sure it covers touch screen. Strap (2 straps on each side so 4 straps together). At the end wrap whole pallet.
    Someone said to use some beams. It is a good idea to screw them to the pallet so printer will not move. You can also place anothore carboard on top in a triangle shape to be sure that nobody will put anything on top of your pallet.