Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Original left on glass or detecting A4 with no paper C368

Re: Original left on glass or detecting A4 with no paper C368

u said if u unplug sensor it works?

did u try replacing it?

thats what fixed it for me on a C754e

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If I raise the adf on the right side enough that don't actuate the sensor it works but it's messy because it don't start the procedure to read the platen glass if there is paper. It only works as it is supposed to work if I remove the glass and I trigger the 2 sensors for the adf by hand and by magnet or if I turn the glass bed 180 degrees and there is not in pace the plastic fuller glued on glass. It's like reading in offset and catches light from the plastic ruler. Even with glass from other machine does the same thing

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Try Initialize all.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I didn't see it mentioned previously, but have you tried adjusting the height of the ADF? If the white platen sheet is too close to the glass, it will sometimes be detected as a piece of paper on the glass. I've run across this before, where the height screw must slowly turned over time and the ADF was eventually sitting too close to the scan glass. Raising the left side height a bit cleared up the issue.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Re: Original left on glass or detecting A4 with no paper C368

thank you all for the help and time.
    ok after all the procedures above and contacting konica hit a wall, i stumbled upon service mode menu-> machine -> scan area and comparing to other machine was way off. so i entered the values from the other machine and now its fixed. how is possible that setting to change by itself?

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangr View Post
    thank you all for the help and time.
    ok after all the procedures above and contacting konica hit a wall, i stumbled upon service mode menu-> machine -> scan area and comparing to other machine was way off. so i entered the values from the other machine and now its fixed. how is possible that setting to change by itself?
    Shouldn't have changed unless a bunch of other stuff also changed, as in a surge or spike possibly causing an issue. I haven't ever seen only one setting so specific be altered by such a thing, though. Those settings should have all been done on setup or at least verified they were correct as part of the setup procedure. Is it possible someone who didn't have a clue what these settings were, changed them all willy-nilly and caused your issue?
    Last edited by srvctec; 05-17-2021 at 03:57 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Original left on glass or detecting A4 with no paper C368

I honestly prefer to believe in coincidences. Scan Area does not interfere with original size. It only changes the margins on a millimeter scale. In our laboratory we have several machines with different values.

However, if you managed to win like that, that's what matters.
    Nothing like day after day

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Looks like it was way off and was interfering with the ruler attached to the platen glass. Copied numbers from another machine and problem gone. Then I did a fine-tuning from there. Thank you all