Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Anyone into Cryto currency?

Re: Anyone into Cryto currency?

Not sure where to post this, (Let the truth be known thread?) but, inflation has been on the rise and gold/silver are always great assets to hedge against during a times of inflation. Things are starting to get interesting.

May 2021 Consumer Price Index Shows Fastest Inflation Since 2008

Not sure where to post this, (Let the truth be known thread?) but, inflation has been on the rise and gold/silver are always great assets to hedge against during a times of inflation. Things are starting to get interesting.

<br><br><a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/may-2021-consumer-price-index-shows-fastest-inflation-since-2008/ar-AAKTHku?ocid=winp1taskbar" href="https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/may-2021-consumer-price-index-shows-fastest-inflation-since-2008/ar-AAKTHku?ocid=winp1taskbar">https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/may-2021-consumer-price-index-shows-fastest-inflation-since-2008/ar-AAKTHku?ocid=winp1taskbar</a><br>

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

... I hope Allan hung onto to his XRP despite all of the bad advice ,including from me, about crypto. He would have 10X his money.

The wild west of crypto will soon come to an end because its enables too much criminal behaviour against critical infrastructure. The USA, the FBI, DND and Cyber Command are now involved and will guarantee pain on any new attackers for the rest of their lives.

Major endorsers are cooling to crypto.

Crypto has a very bad effect on the climate because it consumes so much electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Simphony View Post
    Most coins are shifting to Proof of Stake which is ecology-friendly. Talking about mining. I believe that Tesla has a more ruining effect on the environment than all cryptocurrency, my opinion.
    Interesting comments on Tesla and spot on. Lithium mining is super- hazardous to the environment, it uses a ton of water(trillions of gallons) over time, destroying pristine land which in turn destroys the ecosystem, creatures in that ecosystem, and the end result is dead with giant holes in the ground. This is something they do not talk about when they are pushing for a "green" electric car, here is the proof that the "green agenda people" never talk about, the destruction to the environment that is caused by Lithium mining.

302 Moved

Quote Originally Posted by Simphony View Post
    Most coins are shifting to Proof of Stake which is ecology-friendly. Talking about mining. I believe that Tesla has a more ruining effect on the environment than all cryptocurrency, my opinion.
    ... proof of stake, a new term to me

Pros Cons
    Staking makes it easier for you to run a node. It doesn't require huge investments in hardware or energy, and if you don't have enough ETH to stake, you can join staking pools. Proof-of-stake is still in its infancy, and less battle-tested, compared to proof-of-work
    Staking is more decentralized. It allows for increased participation, and more nodes doesn't mean increased % returns, like with mining.
    Staking allows for secure sharding. Shard chains allow Ethereum to create multiple blocks at the same time, increasing transaction throughput. Sharding the network in a proof-of-work system would simply lower the power needed to compromise a portion of the network.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post

<br><br><a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/may-2021-consumer-price-index-shows-fastest-inflation-since-2008/ar-AAKTHku?ocid=winp1taskbar" href="https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/may-2021-consumer-price-index-shows-fastest-inflation-since-2008/ar-AAKTHku?ocid=winp1taskbar">https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/may-2021-consumer-price-index-shows-fastest-inflation-since-2008/ar-AAKTHku?ocid=winp1taskbar</a><br>
    I bought into physical silver probably 10 years or more ago pretty big. Almost right away it shot up to around 40.00 a ounce and I was feeling good. When it started going down I was not worried because I was going to hold it for the long haul. It went down to basically where I started . I am now waiting for it to go up enough to get out.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

.... some countries and corporations may refuse payment in Bitcoin. El Salvador will always need access to $USD for many years to come.

As Bitcoin clearly empowers criminal activity and environmental harm, it is unknown when El Salvador will see some benefit.

South American countries are heavily infested with COVID, powerful narco producers and terrorists. Plus they can be influenced by Russia and China as presidents come and go and sometimes gets assasinated.

The idea of using geothermal electricity to reduce the environmental harm of bitcoin mining is unique and interesting.

I would say global risks suddenly increased.

"The use of bitcoin will be optional for individuals and would not bring risks to users, Bukele said, with the government guaranteeing convertibility to dollars at the time of transaction through a $150 million trust created at the country's development bank BANDESAL.

Under the law, bitcoin must be accepted by firms when offered as payment for goods and services. Tax contributions can also be paid in the cryptocurrency."
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 06-12-2021 at 06:13 PM.

I don't think cryptocurrency is that bad. After all, bitcoin opened a new path for the development of the world economic system. Cryptocurrency is a popular way to store money and invest funds. Moreover, now more and more companies are starting to use cryptocurrency. However, you should be very careful when using this system. On the Internet, the hugest risks of stumbling upon scammers. The entire cryptocurrency system is built on blockchain. And this is considered the best way to protect your funds. But I recently read that the bitcoin mixer can help in case the blockchain fails. It seems to me that fraud in the world of cryptocurrencies makes it the most dangerous. But do not forget that security systems are developing more and more each time.