Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Re: What's the scam?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Your reply to my first post was a wise ass reply. You need to learn to respect your elders.
    Because you came across as a condescending ass. "respect your elders"? Just how young am I pray tell?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    Because you came across as a condescending ass. "respect your elders"? Just how young am I pray tell?
    Based on when your profile indicates you started in this industry, I would say that you were still in diapers when I started working on estats in 1972.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Based on when your profile indicates you started in this industry, I would say that you were still in diapers when I started working on estats in 1972.
    Well congratulations. I don't care if you are 114 years old. Respect is something you earn, not something you are entitled to. If you are an asshole, you will neither earn, nor deserve, my respect regardless of how much you think you are entitled to it and/or crave it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    Respect is something you earn
    Which I have. 15200+ posts versus your 170+.

Then there is the Rep Power. That stands for Reputation Power and is earned by helping others over the years. My Rep Power at the time I started this reply was 421, yours only 17.

Spend the next 4 years helping others and you might earn the respect that I have earned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Then there is the Rep Power. That stands for Reputation Power and is earned by helping others over the years. My Rep Power at the time I started this reply was 421, yours only 17.

Spend the next 4 years helping others and you might earn the respect that I have earned.
    You have helped countless people including myself.
    IMHO you are one of the most trusted techs here at CTN.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Interesting, I was just reading an article in Forbes the other day that said that the true measure of a man is his post count and rep points on an unmoderated web forum.

I can only hope that once I am retired I can be as awesome as you and spend all day here dispensing my wisdom, opinions, and criticism. In the meantime, I have better things to do so I will wish you a good day and thank you for your valuable input.

Lee

Technician

I believe it's a basic Phishing scam, a type of social engineering attack. Often the first goal is to elicit some response that it is a live email or does not bounce back. But for sure, you have been targeted, and just don't want you to know it.

Later it's sold or used to steal more user data, including login credentials and credit card numbers. The attacker then begins masquerading as a trusted entity, tries to dupe a victim into opening an email, instant message, or text message. So even if you send an angry type of message, it is proof of a monitored email. Make sure your passwords are secure and don't reflect anything one can find if they look in your wallet.

When I get one, I change any passwords. My humble strategy is to use !DATAnnn where data is some common nonwallet phrase like deltaarc. Something you can remember is a few tries.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Your reply to my first post was a wise ass reply. You need to learn to respect your elders.
    Attitude problems. Also i highly doubt, its people trying to nick stuff, when its much easier to just commit credit fraud.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Attitude problems. Also i highly doubt, its people trying to nick stuff, when its much easier to just commit credit fraud.
    Its kinda assbackwards slim can neg rep for that post.

Would edit, my original post to make this comment, but apparently you can't edit old post to add footnotes.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    What's the scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Its kinda assbackwards slim can neg rep for that post.

Would edit, my original post to make this comment, but apparently you can't edit old post to add footnotes.
    There is a time limit on how long you have to edit posts. More than an hour but less than a day.