Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C-364 series, rotating faxes??

Re: C-364 series, rotating faxes??

I understand the disagree, as that sesnor usually causes jams. I am just telling you I have fixed it by cleaning it... Ive watched the machine do it 5 times in a row then clean it and send 10 more faxes in a row good after. Like clearly fixed it.

The key is to cancel the fax as soon as you send it. Then it will print you a report showing how it sent. The report will show when its rotated. I am sure you all know that just an easier way to not have to check the other end and not have to even wait for a fax to go.

It's worth trying regardless what the theory of that sensor says.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    The information we received from KM a few years ago was that when sending fax the df always works in mixed size mode.
    If so can be mixed original turned off via application button and saved in user settings as default Fax mode?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did not know that either, but it would support the case for why cleaning it has fixed it. When I say unflagged i mean from hi to lo etc. Not physical flag. Its not always the lens too. I think the black piece the lens stares it is just as guilty.

My theory is the extra milisecond that lens sees dust it may not "unflag" thinking the paper is a hair longer then forcing rotation to fit. Honestly though at the end of the day as long as it fixed it I was happy haha.

Thanks for the reset file earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MVPunisher View Post
    I did not know that either, but it would support the case for why cleaning it has fixed it. When I say unflagged i mean from hi to lo etc. Not physical flag. Its not always the lens too. I think the black piece the lens stares it is just as guilty.

My theory is the extra milisecond that lens sees dust it may not "unflag" thinking the paper is a hair longer then forcing rotation to fit. Honestly though at the end of the day as long as it fixed it I was happy haha.

Thanks for the reset file earlier.
    I have nothing to lose discussing an issue with intelligent and experienced techs either. Clearly you have both so I don't mind if I'm wrong on this one. The real solutions are important and seeing you have one... man you deserved that file big time!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Maybe this will help from the C364 service manual. This actually is a bit confusing to me but that's not unusual for a KM Service manual.

Last edited by srvctec; 07-20-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Maybe this will help from the C364 service manual. This actually is a bit confusing to me but that's not unusual for a KM Service manual.

Yes Sir another good point.
    It's now clear to me that in Fax sending trail edge isn't detected by DF paper length sensors.
    Obviously I need urgent leave now!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys! All good suggestions, but especially funny is Black Cat's idea that they may be putting stacks next to each other... what a hoot! I wouldn't put it past these customers to do something like that, but I don't think that's happening here! ...
    On the next visit this same customer had taped a small note to the tray saying "Do not place originals here!". They taped the note directly on top of the length sensor.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=