Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Tracking/Spotting on heavy stock- MP C3503

Re: Tracking/Spotting on heavy stock- MP C3503

Quote Originally Posted by julianclar View Post
    I bet that it depends a lot on the paper that is being used. Tracking is harder on paper the reflecting paper. But again, it is not a rule and sometimes this shouldn't be a problem. MP C3503 isn't the best tool for tracking, I have tried it one or twice and never liked working with it. So I've ordered another model, it's more expensive, but I need a professional tool that will last. speedpak shipping says that I'm going to receive it within the next 2 working days, so wait for my review. Hope to post it by the end of the next week.
    Well we've been waiting patiently over 2 years for you to weigh in on the subject, so what's a couple more weeks
    Seriously??

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by julianclar View Post
    I bet that it depends a lot on the paper that is being used. Tracking is harder on paper the reflecting paper. But again, it is not a rule and sometimes this shouldn't be a problem. MP C3503 isn't the best tool for tracking, I have tried it one or twice and never liked working with it. So I've ordered another model, it's more expensive, but I need a professional tool that will last. speedpak shipping says that I'm going to receive it within the next 2 working days, so wait for my review. Hope to post it by the end of the next week.
    What is the "tracking" you are writing about?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

216g should work fine but the paper surface or some soat of coating/finishing might just not work. If a decent temp raise doesn't do the trick I would recommend the customer to get some samples from different paper brands/types and do a little testing before buying a big lot.

It also says 2sided? Might be not a good idea to run it as one continous job if one or both sides contains high coverage content.

Usually the backsinde of a postcard doesn't really have much content, perhaps some lines, a stamp symbol... You can try and preprint that side first and do the "high coverage" photo side afterwards.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

aaahh sheeeeeet I missed that this topic is originally from the last decade, time to go home lol

[INSERT CPT PICARD FACEPALM HERE]