Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera 3253 skewing

Kyocera 3253 skewing

I've noticed skewing on a new 3253 only when copying. Prints are ok so it is not the laser or paper feed.

It's like a parallelogram so I'm looking for an adjustment of the optical scanning section.

On long edge feed (speed direction) it's the long sides that are slanted.

I thought I saw a bulletin about this recently but I cannot find it when I go on the Kyocera service portal.

Does anyone know about the bulletin?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 3253 skewing

Is the document feeder DEFINITELY fully mated with the mounting brackets? We sometimes oopsie one of the pins so that it looks ok standing at the copier, but definitely doesn't work as it should. Lifting the feeder and looking at the hinge area will reveal the truth.

Copying from the platen is fine, yes?

which model document feeder is this device equipped?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera 3253 skewing

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    Is the document feeder DEFINITELY fully mated with the mounting brackets? We sometimes oopsie one of the pins so that it looks ok standing at the copier, but definitely doesn't work as it should. Lifting the feeder and looking at the hinge area will reveal the truth.

Copying from the platen is fine, yes?

which model document feeder is this device equipped?
    The skew happens when I place the original on the glass, nothing to do with the DP-7110

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 3253 skewing

It could be that the scanner height got knocked out of adjustment during shipping. Page 9-160 of the service manual illustrates how to adjust the scanner height to correct for skew.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

U075 Slant Adjustment. Turn off and test, turn on and play with value to see what works best.

New software image correction algorithm is a bit wonky.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera 3253 skewing

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    It could be that the scanner height got knocked out of adjustment during shipping. Page 9-160 of the service manual illustrates how to adjust the scanner height to correct for skew.
    Thank you Santander, this appeared to be the right approach. I couldn't get much change though and ended up putting the adjustment back to where it was.

To Print Whisperer, this is a DP-7110 so there is no skew correction. I think you are referring to the DP-7160 which has u075. My problem occurs when placing the original manually anyway but thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 3253 skewing

Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    Thank you Santander, this appeared to be the right approach. I couldn't get much change though and ended up putting the adjustment back to where it was.

To Print Whisperer, this is a DP-7110 so there is no skew correction. I think you are referring to the DP-7160 which has u075. My problem occurs when placing the original manually anyway but thanks.
    Since the adjustment had little effect, check to make sure the small plastic sliders on the bottom side of the scanner assembly are in place. If one is missing or displaced it will cause the scanner unit to be out of square with the glass. The sliders are pretty small and snap into holes in the scanner unit frame to ride on the scanner rails. Not an obvious thing to look for but worth a check.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post

Well first off the Slant adjustment has nothing to do with the skew sensors, so let's not just dismiss me out of hand. It is based from CIS/CCD read.

Second, it is to resolve a difference between DP and Table.

True it is listed as for DP read action, but it is a software correction and may have Table values which are not aligned. Not saying it's your fix but it would have been easy to try.

We are all assuming you have done the U411 and chart of image adjustment procedures OFC but given your response one does wonder.

Actually u75 is on 4 series and I haven’t checked to see if 3 even has it so there I go all half-cocked.