Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    4 Series K Toner Shortage info?? (TN321)

Morning All, so there seems to be an apparent nation wide shortage of black toner on the 4 series (TN321-TN512). We are a small independant service/sales company, and if we cant find any from our normal chanells we may be forced to purchase 3rd party non-oem consumables. As much as we hate, and I mean hate using non-oem toner we may be at no other choice. Do you guys have any non-oem suppliers that you could recommend based on track records? your time and responses are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

JC
    Last edited by Rewind!; 08-19-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Senior Member 100+ Posts

Re: 4 Series K Toner Shortage info?? (TN321)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind! View Post
    Morning All, so there seems to be an apparent nation wide shortage of black toner on the 4 series (TN321). We are a small independant service/sales company, and if we cant find any from our normal chanells we may be forced to purchase 3rd party non-oem consumables. As much as we hate, and I mean hate using non-oem toner we may be at no other choice. Do you guys have any non-oem suppliers that you could recommend based on track records? your time and responses are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

JC
    Use TN512,TN-513,TN-516, TN322K or TN324K swop the caps over.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thank you for the repsonse, we did think about swapping over the caps, but the shortage also includes the TN-512. I have editited my post.

Thank you!

JC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have tested both Katun and Image Star for this series. Have 2 C554's in our office. 1 with OEM & 1 with compatible. Haver run over 500,000 on the 1 with compatible. Quality is consistent with the OEM one and drums, dev units have all lasted past their rated life.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    I have tested both Katun and Image Star for this series. Have 2 C554's in our office. 1 with OEM & 1 with compatible. Haver run over 500,000 on the 1 with compatible. Quality is consistent with the OEM one and drums, dev units have all lasted past their rated life.
    Same here. You may want to try NA trading out of MN.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

thank you for the repsonse, we did think about swapping over the caps, but the shortage also includes the TN-512. I have editited my post.

Thank you!

JC

Funny you posted about this. I had heard same thing about the shortage a month ago but for black only. Agree Katun would be only compatible I would have confidence in.

I've been using the TN512 with no other modification except cutting off the chip & chip holder and they fit in C224 etc just fine. I've only had to do the black so far. Not sure about the colors yet, if cutting off chip only will fit? Will report back if / when have to do it to color toner. Assuming it will work same as black.

Hate to contaminate $500 developer units with crap toner!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Is there any machine shortages in America?

In the UK it is pretty much impossible to get your hands on any of the A3 i series machines. This has been going on for around 4 weeks and have been told it might carry on through September

TN217 319 613 413 711 712 912 321 512 323...

All the modern dev containing toner are the same.

You can even use TN414 in case of emergency. It does not contain developer and you devtank will eventually run low on developer.
    Whatever

Morning All, so there seems to be an apparent nation wide shortage of black toner on the 4 series (TN321-TN512). We are a small independant service/sales company, and if we cant find any from our normal chanells we may be forced to purchase 3rd party non-oem consumables. As much as we hate, and I mean hate using non-oem toner we may be at no other choice. Do you guys have any non-oem suppliers that you could recommend based on track records? your time and responses are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

JC
    Same here in Mexico. Our regular suppliers are only giving us less tan half of our request, also our US supliers put us in back order because the shortage. Got to deal with katun but in our experience, katun toner in the long run cause a lot of spills inside the machine. Nothing really big, just spills in the laser.

corona copy solutions

yup... i have been waiting 2 months now for 4 C250i machines... and still no sign