Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MPC 307 multiple prints come out different calibration

I just remembered, I do have a 'scrap' 307 in my office that I took the op panel from to fix another machine. So I can use the one from that initially to see if that does fix the problem.
    Copier tech, yes as part of my standard setup on this model machine I drip a tiny bit of lube into the ends of that hard rubber roller before the transfer then turn it and wipe away all excess. I actually do that because sometimes they get so stiff they can cause jamming. I am near southampton yes.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

I don't know Ricoh but found it very strange that failed reg clutch can cause exactly same distance shifts on every page after first. On other hand what else it could be
    Maybe clutch is shifting/moving just a bit after initial kick out...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 307 multiple prints come out different calibration

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I don't know Ricoh but found it very strange that failed reg clutch can cause exactly same distance shifts on every page after first. On other hand what else it could be
    Maybe clutch is shifting/moving just a bit after initial kick out...
    I can if the first page is the first sheet after loading the feed tray. Static can cause the each sheet to pull the next sheet slightly out of the tray.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

feed and reg sensors good ?

Ok after spending about 2 hours taking pretty much the entire 'scrap' 307 apart just to get to its reg clutch I decided this is ridiculous, such poor design. I can't be assed to spend another 2 hours taking the real 307 apart, fitting the part then spending god knows how long putting it back together. We only bought this thing 2 weeks ago so I'll either send it back to the guys we got it from or just use this as a scrap machine instead. Seems like everyone in England has suddenly gone back to work the last few days as our calls have tripled this week, software and hardware alike so I don't have the luxury to sort this out like a real engineer.
    Today I take the loss, a small sacrifice for the greater good. At least I know if I see this problem again, immediately request to upgrade it... or quit and move to mexico

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Ok after spending about 2 hours taking pretty much the entire 'scrap' 307 apart just to get to its reg clutch I decided this is ridiculous, such poor design. I can't be assed to spend another 2 hours taking the real 307 apart, fitting the part then spending god knows how long putting it back together. We only bought this thing 2 weeks ago so I'll either send it back to the guys we got it from or just use this as a scrap machine instead. Seems like everyone in England has suddenly gone back to work the last few days as our calls have tripled this week, software and hardware alike so I don't have the luxury to sort this out like a real engineer.
    Today I take the loss, a small sacrifice for the greater good. At least I know if I see this problem again, immediately request to upgrade it... or quit and move to mexico
    I don’t remember it taking that long to replace this clutch.

Since you have it apart why not fit the new clutch as a training exorcise.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Don't go to Mexico, no one goes there anymore...too crowded.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    That basically confirms that you have a registration clutch issue. as the timing between the pages (after page 1) and the drum is off, because the registration roller is not keeping the subsequent pages in place until the drum is at the right point for the image to start.

Replace your reg clutch and retest. I'm sure you will win this one!
    +1 spot on
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I don’t remember it taking that long to replace this clutch.

Since you have it apart why not fit the new clutch as a training exorcise.
    +1 should take about a hour only the transport motor and hvps but I have worked on a lot of them
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

I was just following the manual as I’ve never had to delve into the back of a 307 like this before. Plus taking calls and emails literally non stop the whole time adds to the time (and stress)
    Problem of being in a small dealership, trying to do the job of a manager and an engineer simultaneously. Out of hours this would have been a lot easier