Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: C-3110, E-304 and E-301...

First thing I'd do is connect a laptop directly to the C3110 via crossover and if it prints fine without errors from that, then the issue is clearly their network.
    Last edited by srvctec; 09-20-2021 at 08:28 PM.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

As mentioned, check the network speed, they don't like auto at GB speed. Also, you don't need a crossover cable anymore, those went away a decade ago. Adjust your laptops NIC cards to create an "ad hoc network" to eliminate the machine as the issue.

At the machine, print a Configuration report. At the top, it will shows what the machine "thinks" it is. For example, I had a unit that was set as a generic model and the print drivers would not work. Adjusted a soft switch (bit 10, hex 02) to tell the machine it was a Bizhub, re-loaded drivers and all printing worked after that. These newer models use a hodge podge of various settings to determine what the engine is and how it communicates with other software.

Also, if Marketplace is on, turn it off if they are not using it. I have seen all kinds of issues with Marketplace left on. Another known issue is service mode>system 2>set storage type. I don't see it for this model but the E301 is what made me think of this.....

Could also consider physical and logical formats as well

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    As mentioned, check the network speed, they don't like auto at GB speed. Also, you don't need a crossover cable anymore, those went away a decade ago. Adjust your laptops NIC cards to create an "ad hoc network" to eliminate the machine as the issue.

At the machine, print a Configuration report. At the top, it will shows what the machine "thinks" it is. For example, I had a unit that was set as a generic model and the print drivers would not work. Adjusted a soft switch (bit 10, hex 02) to tell the machine it was a Bizhub, re-loaded drivers and all printing worked after that. These newer models use a hodge podge of various settings to determine what the engine is and how it communicates with other software.

Also, if Marketplace is on, turn it off if they are not using it. I have seen all kinds of issues with Marketplace left on. Another known issue is service mode>system 2>set storage type. I don't see it for this model but the E301 is what made me think of this.....

Could also consider physical and logical formats as well

Hold on cowboy...it's an old model C3110 doesn't have all bells and whistles
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.