Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Screwdriver of choice - Ricoh

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The lengths of the screws may be different, but the head is the same size. Years ago I had one of the 5.5mm Ames Supply screwdrivers, which was the most reliable one I've ever had. Left it at a customer and never figured out which one so I've had to make due with a few others since then, going to check the recommendations here since the magnets in my current set are far too weak.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    My boss has a similar story, he was fixing a Nashua (Ricoh) copier at a client had the machine apart and his tools out and then realized he has to put money in parking meter on the ground floor. Goes to put money in the meter and when he comes back his Snap-on screwdriver was gone. Someone there took it. No-one admitted to taking it. Anyway that was a $90 screwdriver gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The lengths of the screws may be different, but the head is the same size. Years ago I had one of the 5.5mm Ames Supply screwdrivers, which was the most reliable one I've ever had. Left it at a customer and never figured out which one so I've had to make due with a few others since then, going to check the recommendations here since the magnets in my current set are far too weak.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    I have had the Ames 5.5mm since the mid 2000's and it has been by far the best tool in my bag. It fits the Ricoh screws perfect and has a great magnet for holding the screws. My whole dept uses them. its a shame you can not get them anymore. I lost it once and was completely devastated! Turned out i left it in my pocket and it fell out in the car under the seat. I was beyond relived when I found it cleaning out my car at the end of the week!!! Whew!!!
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Not to sure if this is the right section for this but...

For Ricoh machines what is your recommended screwdriver of choice?
    I'm currently using a CK Philips 2 x 250mm shaft, overall length is 350mm. Using this for more than 15 years. It's a good screwdriver but it cams out alot. I read that JIS might be better.

Thank you in advance
    I use since 2002, Black & Decker PP360LN lithium, equipped with long tip insert, like a manual screwdriver, I only changed the battery once, sturdy, lightweight, and easily repaired in case of breakage, my wrists thank

pp360ln.jpg
    Last edited by luca72; 09-27-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Screwdriver of choice - Ricoh

My Driver of choice for everything is the Snapon Ratchet I use Ames / Wira for the long mag hex screw work.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

My boss has a similar story, he was fixing a Nashua (Ricoh) copier at a client had the machine apart and his tools out and then realized he has to put money in parking meter on the ground floor. Goes to put money in the meter and when he comes back his Snap-on screwdriver was gone. Someone there took it. No-one admitted to taking it. Anyway that was a $90 screwdriver gone.

Similar story. I was taking apart a machine in a manager's office. All of a sudden he comes in, has to take a call, asks me to pack up pieces and get out of office. I packed up all of the pieces and did the repair in the reception area. Get done, he is still on call. He is not to be disturbed. He finally finishes. I put the machine back and said in my hurry I had a screwdriver and flashlight on the table in his office. He tells me I must be mistaken, I did not. That jerk robbed me of my 10 inch ames philips and my mag light flashlight that day. Still pisses me off. Hope he enjoyed them, the jerk, the manager yet, I still don't believe it.

Side note, I've always used B/D power screwdrivers, the 6v pivot plus. I had 2 of them, each lasting about 12 years. Great tool, but ni-cad batteries so eventually quit charging. Now I went cheap. Bought a 4v lithium for $14.99 at WalMart 2 years ago. For the money, not a lot of power, but holds a charge forever and gets the job done, would buy another in a heartbeat.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Not this again.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Not this again.
    Sorry. Just upgrading the screwdriver so checking for some advice before I do.

Sorry. Just upgrading the screwdriver so checking for some advice before I do.

I am an old school guy when it comes to this. Use a wiha PH2 x 350mm had a 400mm German one before.. Gives you lots of torque and hand feel. Electric just is to bulky. When it comes to speed i do ok with the old screwdriver.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I am an old school guy when it comes to this. Use a wiha PH2 x 350mm had a 400mm German one before.. Gives you lots of torque and hand feel. Electric just is to bulky. When it comes to speed i do ok with the old screwdriver.
    That's 1 of the brands I'm considering. Just wondering if it grips the screw head well

That's 1 of the brands I'm considering. Just wondering if it grips the screw head well

Yes it fits the screws well and its quite affordable. Been using the same one for years now.
    Whatever