Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon v Kyocera

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon v Kyocera

Re: Canon v Kyocera

Looks like Canon is the preference for the majority.
    Thanks all for the input. 👍

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon v Kyocera

Quote Originally Posted by dickierock View Post
    Looks like Canon is the preference for the majority.
    Thanks all for the input. 👍
    An interesting post with some good responses.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon v Kyocera

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Canon , hands down! To replace fusers, transfer belts, drums, developers, most everything, the engineering is far superior on the Canons. Serviceability is great. Quality, non better.
    from my experience. Have seen them, Kyo's ,K/M's, Sharps, Tosh, have sold em at one time or another, and serviced them. Canon! Been playing around with machines for over 36 years.

I don't know how much easier it could possibly be to replace the supplies than on Kyocera. I removed all the drums and DV's on a 2552ci and didn't even need a tool.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have serviced both for dealerships. Canon much more reliable IMO. Kyo definitely has better warranties though. So for smaller accts with low copy volumes, maybe Kyo might save some money. Not a big fan of Kyo although the older KM series b/w were bulletproof IMO. I do think Kyo is a little better on the connectivity side of things though. Worst for connectivity is Ricoh IMO.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

I worked on Canon's for 15 years. The last being the first ir advanced series. The last Kyocera's I worked on was the taskalfa 6501, 3050, and 7550ci.

Canon is better.

The Kyocera is modular, meaning things come apart easy (except the interlocking covers). But ... Kyocera's run dirtier, have more components fail, and their warranty stuff is nice but complicated.

I miss Canon service calls where you replace some consumables, an easy cleaning and you're off to the next call. You hardly ever need to mess with clutches, sensors, one ways, etc with a Canon.
    Kyocera on the other hand seem to have flaky sensors, weak clutches, and feed rollers that haven't improved since the 1990's.
    When Canon came out with that soft sponge roller I saw paper drawers regularly going 200k before having any jam issues.

I've worked on Canon products and currently work for a Kyocera shop in Coos Bay, Oregon. So far I'm liking the Kyocera's a lot more than Canon products. Their printer drivers/scan software is by far easier to install and works great. But time will tell since I've only worked on them for 3 months. I like the fact that you can remove the drum charge units and clean them with water. So far I have not had to replace any transfer belts. Goes to show how well theyre designed.

Run dirtier? Have some with 1.8m still running clean? Which ones are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    I worked on Canon's for 15 years. The last being the first ir advanced series. The last Kyocera's I worked on was the taskalfa 6501, 3050, and 7550ci.

Canon is better.

The Kyocera is modular, meaning things come apart easy (except the interlocking covers). But ... Kyocera's run dirtier, have more components fail, and their warranty stuff is nice but complicated.

I miss Canon service calls where you replace some consumables, an easy cleaning and you're off to the next call. You hardly ever need to mess with clutches, sensors, one ways, etc with a Canon.
    Kyocera on the other hand seem to have flaky sensors, weak clutches, and feed rollers that haven't improved since the 1990's.
    When Canon came out with that soft sponge roller I saw paper drawers regularly going 200k before having any jam issues.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i prefer kyocera machines