Senior Tech 100+ Posts

scan to email reliable email hosting

hi guys,

can you guys share with me which email hosting is reliable to be use for scan to email settings?
    unlike gmail...you can only scan to gmail account only.

thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: scan to email reliable email hosting

First off gmail is only restricted to sending to other gmail accounts if that is the way you set it up. Now if it was the only option available then you might have something that is too old to support TLS or whose site certificate has expired you may have to use a relay software such as Stunnel.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

We use gmail regularly for our customers. The only thing you need to do is turn less secure apps on, and if they don't scan regularly, show them how to do that as gmail will turn that back off. Gsuite, or whatever they call it now, is another animal, as it by default requires 2 factor authentication.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

supremecenter.com
    We use them for all our MFP emails and create a custom customer email for each machine we install.
    It's a good sales pitch and it ensures we get our meter and supply alerts if FMA goes offline.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    We use gmail regularly for our customers. The only thing you need to do is turn less secure apps on, and if they don't scan regularly, show them how to do that as gmail will turn that back off. Gsuite, or whatever they call it now, is another animal, as it by default requires 2 factor authentication.
    You are asking for trouble by continue to use the less secure apps setting. Google has been trying to totally eliminate use of less secure apps for nearly 2 years now. The only reason that it is still available is the disruption that SARS-CoV-2 has caused in the economy. Originally they planned on removing their port 25 SMTP server aspmx.l.google.com needed for less secure apps on February 15 thus year. The last I heard is that they have delayed that move for 1 year.

I suggest that you learn how to properly administer Google Workspace. Google Workspace is what is replacing Gsuite. FYI, mail.google.com, where you access your gmail account, is a stripped down version on Google Workspace. Learn how to smtp-relay.gmail.com.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You are asking for trouble by continue to use the less secure apps setting. Google has been trying to totally eliminate use of less secure apps for nearly 2 years now. The only reason that it is still available is the disruption that SARS-CoV-2 has caused in the economy. Originally they planned on removing their port 25 SMTP server aspmx.l.google.com needed for less secure apps on February 15 thus year. The last I heard is that they have delayed that move for 1 year.

I suggest that you learn how to properly administer Google Workspace. Google Workspace is what is replacing Gsuite. FYI, mail.google.com, where you access your gmail account, is a stripped down version on Google Workspace. Learn how to smtp-relay.gmail.com.

I didn't say we were using aspmx.l.google.com, I said we were using standard gmail, ports 465 and 587. If they're planning on ending support for these that would be news to a lot of people.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    I didn't say we were using aspmx.l.google.com, I said we were using standard gmail, ports 465 and 587. If they're planning on ending support for these that would be news to a lot of people.
    Then you don't need to enabler less secure apps.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FelixWhite View Post
    Speaking of hosting, can anyone recommend reliable services for web hosting? I really need it for my project
    Try asking your internet service provider.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FelixWhite View Post
    Speaking of hosting, can anyone recommend reliable services for web hosting? I really need it for my project
    Look at Google, Microsoft, or your ISP as a first step. For a business critical system, don't rely on a free service. You want an SLA and actual performance metrics, not just best effort.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk