Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MP C305 Light Copies

I have a MP C305 that is producing light copies, when running a test page the issue shows up in all 4 colors and they appear to be blotchy as well. This issue is common to all 4 drums so it has to be something involving the ITB or transfer roller, I have replaced both. Perhaps a voltage issue? Thanks!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C305 Light Copies

Re: MP C305 Light Copies

Can you scan us a sample? Preferably Printer SP 1103-002 Color pattern Test Page.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hate to say this, however this is a common issue with this model. Don't know why the black drum is rated 64k and the colors at 24k but they barely make that. I have tried forced toner and gamma adjustments, not much better. It could be dusty laser glasses, however good luck cleaning those out. There was lots of toner hopper updates etc. I can about guarantee you that 4 new drums will make it look nice again for a bit. These machines were very expensive to maintain and we would not resell when they came back.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Perhaps the PCUs are just a little old - you can try to run multiple "force toner" runs and check the quality in-between. If you can get the level up to a satisfying level you must re-initialize the dev. Don't expext this to be a permanent solution^^

Technician

Drums are fairly new, should not be an issue, and all four are doing the same thing. With that in mind, the issue has to be somewhere in the transfer area, transfer roller is new, firmware is up to date. One thing I should add, when doing a color calibration it several attempts to get it to work.

Technician

Here is a scan of what I'm getting.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Drums are fairly new, should not be an issue, and all four are doing the same thing. With that in mind, the issue has to be somewhere in the transfer area, transfer roller is new, firmware is up to date. One thing I should add, when doing a color calibration it several attempts to get it to work.
    Guess you cleaned the MUSIC/ID sensors?

Otherwise you can interrupt a printjon and check the toner density on drums/transfer belt. For me it's not that unusual to see that these machines can't keep it's density over all colours, especially in low volume enviroments, same goes for the cheap A3 models (e.g. MPC2003).

Technician

Yes cleaned the ITB density sensors.

Technician

I talked with Ricoh Tech Support and they are saying replace the drum power supply and if that does not do it replace the ITB power supply, I don't think so, how often do these power supplies go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    I talked with Ricoh Tech Support and they are saying replace the drum power supply and if that does not do it replace the ITB power supply, I don't think so, how often do these power supplies go bad.
    LOL WTF is a drum power supply? I know the HV board and never had any probs with that so far so I'd say this was a bullshit answere. Trust me, run force toner suppy for all colors a couple of times again and check the result and check the converage of a full bleed pattern on the drum surface after interrupting the print.