Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Can the bizhub 4020 driver bein used for a Lexmark MX511de?

Re: Can the bizhub 4020 driver bein used for a Lexmark MX511de?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Hi Hans. Please check if this installs. Or anyone willing. If it does I have learned something useful. Should be a working minidriver. It works on my PC but i also got it from the same PC. The MX511de falls under the MX510 series so if you install the MX511de driver its states MX510 series. Its been around forever.

Ignore the 302 moved message. Copy the entire MX510 folder to the target PC.

302 Moved
    Ofcourse this one's work, no need to test it any further. The .exe you download from Lexmark contains multiple drivers. You have extracted the .exe and got the driver files. have you followed my tutorial in the thread?
    The only issue with your "driver pack" now is that you'll ONLY have the printer driver. You'll most likely need a network driver too. Before deploying this in the field like Hansoon is about to do, it would need to go under heavy testing if there is anything missing that he might need.
    But basic print functions should work just fine

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    Ofcourse this one's work, no need to test it any further. The .exe you download from Lexmark contains multiple drivers. You have extracted the .exe and got the driver files. have you followed my tutorial in the thread?
    The only issue with your "driver pack" now is that you'll ONLY have the printer driver. You'll most likely need a network driver too. Before deploying this in the field like Hansoon is about to do, it would need to go under heavy testing if there is anything missing that he might need.
    But basic print functions should work just fine
    Nope sorry missed your tutorial. Well now I know.
    Whatever

Ok i think this will be my last message in this Thread:

Hans, i've provided you with some Information on how the installation could possibly work.
    emujo2, mojorolla, blackcat are also right with good Information, after some testing i was able to confirm that there are many issues when using a KM driver with a lexmark MX511

The tipp of rrrohan and screwdriverassy was worth gold, you can actually unpack the .exe driver package like i described later, i did not thought of that with drivers actually this will deffo. save me some time in my own work

The part i do not understand yet is why cant you eventually rollback to the old driver? I usually only delete the old driver when the new one is up and running fine. Should be no Problem unless you're touching windows maximum of 2048 printer drivers there which i dont think so tbh.

If you are actually doing it Sundays and need a little help feel free to message me (Make sure to message me a day before or something otherwise i might not read my emails) and i'll be happy to help you with any printer / network related work (Speaking German or English)

Nope sorry missed your tutorial. Well now I know.
    I've actually got the idea from other users in this thread today. As i said it needs much testing before i'd personally deploy it on a customer with the size of what Hansoon describes

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Thanks Allan for your help.
    Unfortunately am I not able to test because the machine is in use almost 18 hours per day. Besides the usual doctor's stuff, are there coming lab results per fax [sic!] all evening long. The only possibility would be Sundays, but then security has to open for me the building.

I need right away a proper driver, hence my desire to have a .inf, so it will take maximum 10 minutes to install the driver and configure and test the cassettes. There will be no fall back to the old driver situation in case I do not have the right driver.

All very complicated and in urgent need for correction of the situation. I have to sit together with the owner and discuss matters.

Hans
    Hans.

Ok what I have shared with you is the .inf and supporting files. Its like a minidriver. Its what i believe you are after. A folder with the .inf file in it...
    What i wanted to know if it will install on your PC win 7 64 or higher.

Like techsxge I followed a similar path. All the files needed gets copied to windows/system32/DriverStore/FileRepository/ The you can use that to install it without the .exe
    Print Management -> All Printers will show you where its stored if you ever delete the printer and need to reinstall it.

Nice to know if you know an existing PC has it installed you can get it from there if its not easy to find it online.

Unfortunatly that is as close as you will get.

302 Moved
    Whatever

If its that critical your customer needs Follow Me Printing. Ysoft...
    Whatever

Hans.

Ok what I have shared with you is the .inf and supporting files. Its like a minidriver. Its what i believe you are after. A folder with the .inf file in it...
    What i wanted to know if it will install on your PC win 7 64 or higher.

Like techsxge I followed a similar path. All the files needed gets copied to windows/system32/DriverStore/FileRepository/ The you can use that to install it without the .exe
    Print Management -> All Printers will show you where its stored if you ever delete the printer and need to reinstall it.

Nice to know if you know an existing PC has it installed you can get it from there if its not easy to find it online.

Unfortunatly that is as close as you will get.

302 Moved
    True, but if he feels more comfortable he can also use the control panel like (i guess) he always used to with KM Drivers. Both way work ofc

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    True, but if he feels more comfortable he can also use the control panel like (i guess) he always used to with KM Drivers. Both way work ofc
    Personally I hate installers. With scanning its always been FTP or email for me. Except brother printers I like the scanning software.
    Whatever

Personally I hate installers. With scanning its always been FTP or email for me. Except brother printers I like the scanning software.
    As i said, personal preference.

Ok here is the last option I can think of. Use PS and the PPD. It comes with the config files so it installs normal from the control panel and supports all the trays and duplex and all the other features for this model. There also seems to be a network TWAIN scan driver that is 15Mb's available.
    A full 313Kb's.

302 Moved

Whatever