Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: Konica c364 fax Will receive but not send

Since I don't believe this has been asked yet, can you make a COPY using the ADF, and will is scan the pages in COPY mode. If that works, will it scan through the ADF when you do a SCAN (to email, SMB, etc.)?? Just looking to see if the ADF scan issue is isolated to just faxing or not.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Testing an outgoing fax from glas plate is a good start. If the DF works in other situations you might consider to initialize the fax option. If that won't help you can unset it and initialize the entire MFP (do a USB backup first). As for the next visit, having another FK511 for testing might make sense, too.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    See the attached PDF for recommended fax settings. Hope this helps....
    Thank you, I made sure the copier was set to all these settings and still have the same issue it seems to scan to email and all that it's just when I fax it's not scanning

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    Can you scan off the glass instead of the ADF? Have you initialized the fax unit? Service mode> Fax>Initialize>select all and Yes. Do you have another Fax board you could try? It may sound silly as well, but make sure the phone cable is plugged into the LINE port and not TEL. Myself, I would try a known working fax board, and if the same issue occurs, then I would start thinking MFPB. Possibly a Clear All Data.
    Thanks for reply. It is plugged in the line, tried one off the glass once again says scanning originals but I can tell the scanner does not move. I initialized it and I think I did a clear all data. I don't have another fax at the moment to try but that's probably next. Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    Since I don't believe this has been asked yet, can you make a COPY using the ADF, and will is scan the pages in COPY mode. If that works, will it scan through the ADF when you do a SCAN (to email, SMB, etc.)?? Just looking to see if the ADF scan issue is isolated to just faxing or not.
    It will copy and scan but will not scan the originals when I fax. Seams to just be a fax issue. Going to get another fax to swap out with it. When they try to print a lot of times it comes up and says memory full,that wouldn't prevent it from scanning the fax would it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica c364 fax Will receive but not send

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    It will copy and scan but will not scan the originals when I fax. Seams to just be a fax issue. Going to get another fax to swap out with it. When they try to print a lot of times it comes up and says memory full,that wouldn't prevent it from scanning the fax would it.
    It's starting to sound more and more like a bad fax board. Can't see how the memory could be full when I think the HDD holds the scans until fax TX is completed....

I know this is stupid and someone may have already posted but are you sure the fax USB is plugged into "Fax 1" ?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica c364 fax Will receive but not send

as dumb as this sounds, have you verified the HDD is on and has a decent vacant area?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    It almost sounds like you might have a RAM or HDD issue. Unless they are printing multiple-hundred page documents, you should never see a message about the memory being full for a print job. My memory is getting foggy on this thread and I'm too lazy at this time of day to sift through the back messages. Have you run the full diagnostics on this machine by holding down the power button while flipping on the main power switch? I'm curious if everything comes back OK.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    It's starting to sound more and more like a bad fax board. Can't see how the memory could be full when I think the HDD holds the scans until fax TX is completed....

I know this is stupid and someone may have already posted but are you sure the fax USB is plugged into "Fax 1" ?
    Thanks for your response. Yes it is plugged into the line and I tried another fax still with no success

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Update. I tried another fax and still the same problem no scanning of originals. All settings are correct and it set to U.S. The copier will occasionally say memory is full. I had to uninstall the HDD because it was causing a internal error and the customer did not want to replace it but I don’t think that would have anything to do with the scanning of originals for faxing Especially when was just trying to send one original.