Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Scan to email bizhub224e

This customer was using gmail up until the 2 step authentication came into play and FW no longer allows this. Customer would prefer to continue to scan to email rather than a smb folder. Is there a free or low cost service that will still allow scan to email on older machines? I did see some of the threads mention smtp2go?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Re: Scan to email bizhub224e

Update firmware to latest, then turn on 2 step verification on the gmail account and create an app password for the machine. More details in the link. Microsoft and Google restrictions on scan to email

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    Update firmware to latest, then turn on 2 step verification on the gmail account and create an app password for the machine. More details in the link. Microsoft and Google restrictions on scan to email
    Thanks, But was told that nothing below the 8 series is capible of using gmail?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    Thanks, But was told that nothing below the 8 series is capible of using gmail?
    Best scenario tell them to use dedicated email account from their provider(like: companyscanner@company name.com) for the machine - problem solved. 2FA should also work although I don't have 4 series machine to test but following strider5555 tutorial should be easy to be done.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have 423s scanning with gmail/2FA..the C224e can do this as well. 2FA enabled, and the app password entered in the admin settings.. If SSL is on you may have an issue there..older SSL certs may be preventing some network protocols..If you are using the correct settings..SMTP.GMAIL.COM and port 465 I would think about turning off SSL, or creating a new stronger cert. Again assuming gateway/DNS are correct. E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Was told by Konica that the 4 & 4e series is no longer able to scan to gmail so that eliminates the apps password unless I'm being told incorrectly? This customer is very small (and cheap) and does not have there own domain email provider as they use gmail for everything.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I have 423s scanning with gmail/2FA..the C224e can do this as well. 2FA enabled, and the app password entered in the admin settings.. If SSL is on you may have an issue there..older SSL certs may be preventing some network protocols..If you are using the correct settings..SMTP.GMAIL.COM and port 465 I would think about turning off SSL, or creating a new stronger cert. Again assuming gateway/DNS are correct. E
    Thanks for the info. I you are able to get the 2 step authentication to work on a 423 like you said it should work on a 224e

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

We have many 4e series machines out there, and have spent the past couple months updating gmail accounts with 2fa, and they all work, at least until Google and Microsoft change security requirements again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email bizhub224e

Quote Originally Posted by strider5555 View Post
    We have many 4e series machines out there, and have spent the past couple months updating gmail accounts with 2fa, and they all work, at least until Google and Microsoft change security requirements again.
    Perfect. This customer is 40+ miles from here and didn't want to spin my wheels onsite if it wasn't possible. I show the latest version of the FW as G20-M1 or is there something more current?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    Perfect. This customer is 40+ miles from here and didn't want to spin my wheels onsite if it wasn't possible. I show the latest version of the FW as G20-M1 or is there something more current?
    TeamViewer/AnyDesk are environmental friendly
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.