Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh reset network settings

i have searched the service manual, with no luck. i am a ricoh tech. though i have never done a factory reset. i have a ricoh spc306 that scanning via network isn't working. i suspect it's a network setting issue. and i just want to reset the network settings on the copier to factory default. i have looked around this site as well. perhaps i am overlooking it? i do know how to access SP mode. i have also looked under the admin settings on the copier for a reset. any help is appreciated.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh reset network settings

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    i have searched the service manual, with no luck. i am a ricoh tech. though i have never done a factory reset. i have a ricoh spc306 that scanning via network isn't working. i suspect it's a network setting issue. and i just want to reset the network settings on the copier to factory default. i have looked around this site as well. perhaps i am overlooking it? i do know how to access SP mode. i have also looked under the admin settings on the copier for a reset. any help is appreciated.
    If everything else is working...Ie: printing/ scan to email, then it's doubtful it's a network issue but rather almost 100% you need a F/W update to scan to folder on Win10 / 11.

If you're not convinced, you can do a memory clear (SP5-801-xxx) to reset the components you wish - but DO NOT CLEAR ENGINE, or you may just have to toss the machine.
    All the other modules will reset a number of other settings so you will have to re-input a lot of info/ settings that may be programmed. I will not be responsible for that aspect. Proceed at your own discretion.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Most scanning issues can be resolved by a simple firmware update.

I would try this first before running any 'reset'
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

User tools printer features. reset 802.xx to default. cycle power

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Giving no information at all, you are just wasting everybody’s time.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

i have searched the service manual, with no luck. i am a ricoh tech.
    It is not in any service manual. You can only get it from a Ricoh branch service manager, a regional dealer support rep or a classroom instructor.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

SP 5811-011 is the NCS reset. Scan to network problems can be a scan to email or folder issue, you don't state the one that you are having problems with. If its scan to folder make sure firmware is up to date. SMB client auth is defaulted to 0 at the factory on this unit. After updating ALL the firmware modules telnet into the unit and run this command. "smb client auth 1"
    then enter key. type "logout"enter and the "yes"

I would update the firmware first and the run the telnet command before resetting the NCS. I have had a NCS reset clear out problems but make sure you have the network config page so you can put the IP setting back. With off lease machines I will reset 5801-004 through the last one and also 5832 HD clear. As stated by others 5801-1,2,and 3 should never be done unless you have the machines "birth certificate" and a lot of time to input the factory settings.

sorry i should have mentioned. though i have all of the IP info in the copier that matches the local PC, and giving the copier a static IP. i still get no connection. and this is on of those the customer said they tried to fix it themselves. i have tried 2 different wireless devices, 1 being a brand new one. i have also hard wired it in using a switch. but i still get no activity lights on the network connection. i just thought i would try a reset on network settings before changing out the main board. thanks for the input everyone.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

sorry i should have mentioned. though i have all of the IP info in the copier that matches the local PC, and giving the copier a static IP. i still get no connection. and this is on of those the customer said they tried to fix it themselves. i have tried 2 different wireless devices, 1 being a brand new one. i have also hard wired it in using a switch. but i still get no activity lights on the network connection. i just thought i would try a reset on network settings before changing out the main board. thanks for the input everyone.
    Why would you ONLY mention scanning being an issue in your original post, and basically send us all down an entirely wrong path?
    You've come back today seemingly STILL having not tried any of the the suggestions offered - most of which are still valid, and will likely resolve the issue.
    Today, having a more clear explanation of the problem, I'm inclined to think that Tatteous' suggestion might be the correct one - although the location is actually UT / System/ Interface, and you just need to make sure that IEEE 802.1x authentication for ethernet is set to inactive.
    I've had countless end users or 3rd party IT people change it to "active" when trying to resolve network problems - only to make things worse.

Otherwise, the other network resets suggestions are still applicable

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Why would you ONLY mention scanning being an issue in your original post, and basically send us all down an entirely wrong path?
    You've come back today seemingly STILL having not tried any of the the suggestions offered - most of which are still valid, and will likely resolve the issue.
    Today, having a more clear explanation of the problem, I'm inclined to think that Tatteous' suggestion might be the correct one - although the location is actually UT / System/ Interface, and you just need to make sure that IEEE 802.1x authentication for ethernet is set to inactive.
    I've had countless end users or 3rd party IT people change it to "active" when trying to resolve network problems - only to make things worse.

Otherwise, the other network resets suggestions are still applicable

thanks for the input. i did set it to inactive. and was able to get a connection again. this is one of those before i went on site, customer tried to fix it themselves....