Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lightbulb Re: C1060 with toner pile-up on the 2nd Transfer Unit

Morning!

First, I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and guidance with this issue.

This morning I swapped the black corona with the magenta corona. Then sent a job for a quick 10 clicks and pulled out the drawer to observe the results on the 2nd Transfer... and found black depositing instead. TADA!

Pulled the effected corona and as you can see in the picture, there is a blob of magenta on the bottom rail. I would assume it's creating a blind spot/charging issue thus creating a band on the lead of the drum. It would also be the root cause to consumption, packing and collection of magenta. This band would just feed the drum and TBCU waste/$$$.
    IMG_3772.jpg

Call me crazy, but I wanted to go one step further and clean the corona assembly. The next image shows the blob removed, the corona wire is cleared of all deposits and put back in service. Works perfectly.

IMG_3773.jpg

Each step of this process was a necessary and important step to the quality of the machine. The tinkering with each item and the ruling out of worse case scenarios is just part of the learning process. The final solution turns out to be a $50 part, which can now be held off until it's true EOL or quality suffers once more.

THE KEY TO KNOWING "WHY" HAS BEEN ACHIEVED, ONCE AGAIN COMING DOWN TO A SIMPLE FIX AND OBSERVATION!

Case Closed.

FYI, not only is it a good idea for you to maintain the service log, but have your clients keep one too. It was clear to me that the magenta here was way OFF because the last bottle of toner was swapped out in July. That means it only lasted a month or so and that didn't jive with the numbers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C1060 with toner pile-up on the 2nd Transfer Unit

Glad you solve it after all suffer.
    Charge units should be always first thing to check and replace and estimated life for them is with reason shortest compare to drum, developer etc.

Re: C1060 with toner pile-up on the 2nd Transfer Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Glad you solve it after all suffer.
    Charge units should be always first thing to check and replace and estimated life for them is with reason shortest compare to drum, developer etc.

Your not wrong! It was just unusual to see a clear band of toner resulting from a bad corona. BUT, here we are.