Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeing colored lines in Demo Page BizHub C220

When I print out the Demo Page (the one with the bird) I see colored lines all over the hole page. I have attached the Scanned Image below. I have reassembled/cleaned all 4 Drum units, I don't notice any scratches or abnormal ware on the Drums except for 1" area at both ends. The counter on this machine shows 490660. The Service Manual for the C220 says 55,000 prints for Y-M-C, 70,000 for K. I'm not understanding the Consumables List fully but I think I think need to replace all four Drums. Please point me into the right direction, Thanks...

Consumables List shows 22202M for C-M-Y Drums, 19850M for K,
    Developing Unit 12812 C-M-Y, 35051 for K

Start Date Yield Date
    05/12/2010 00/00/0000 for Developing Unit C-M-Y-K
    05/12/2010 02/28/2017 for Drum Unit C-M-Y
    12/30/2016 03/19/2018 for Drum Unit K
    12/30/2016 10/30/2033 for Image Transfer Belt Unit
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Seeing colored lines in Demo Page BizHub C220

Changing those consumables should resolve your issues. That and a gradation.

Due to the age of that machine, those consumables are getting hard to get. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I got 4 New Drums on order, they come with new 4 Reset Chips and 4 Drum Cleaning Blades on ebay for $88.00 (with tax and free shipping). I see toner is running $35 plus per color, I'm expecting this learning curve for the C220 will be about $500, I hope to get my knowledge worth. This machine was build in 2010 so it's 13 years old, which Konica Minolta would you recommend related to cheaper consumables?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjpeek6 View Post
    ... This machine was build in 2010 so it's 13 years old, which Konica Minolta would you recommend related to cheaper consumables?
    If you're looking for a parts source, I am not aware of a place to get these consumables. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have seen lines like this when charge units for drums are dirty (wire+mesh).
    Mesh get dirty from toner dust and rust from ageing.
    Be sure to clean it when replacing drums or order new units, i hear you can buy it aftermarket like opc and cleaning blades.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjpeek6 View Post
    I got 4 New Drums on order, they come with new 4 Reset Chips and 4 Drum Cleaning Blades on ebay for $88.00 (with tax and free shipping). I see toner is running $35 plus per color, I'm expecting this learning curve for the C220 will be about $500, I hope to get my knowledge worth. This machine was build in 2010 so it's 13 years old, which Konica Minolta would you recommend related to cheaper consumables?
    The after market drums you are getting"might" be fine but you should also get the corona grid & saw tooth charger for each drum unit or you may still have quality issues. Especially with also using aftermarket toners. If machine has less than 100k pages use genuine consumables and machine will last several more years. Plus you will get 2 lifes out of the drum units. That is a good older model and if it is working ok with your computer and printing, scanning, etc. you could keep a few more years.
    Last edited by copyman; 11-22-2022 at 03:06 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I'm quite certain that the C220 drums had charge corona cleaners in them. There should be a white "flag" that sticks out the front of each drum when in the machine. Slide that in and out a bunch of times for each drum. With as many lines as are on those, it may not help much, but the more you slide them in and out, the "cleaner" the corona and grid should get. I'd probably give each a good 15 to 20+ strokes with that many lines. You may get lucky and at least improve the quality a little bit while you are waiting on parts.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I'm quite certain that the C220 drums had charge corona cleaners in them. There should be a white "flag" that sticks out the front of each drum when in the machine. Slide that in and out a bunch of times for each drum. With as many lines as are on those, it may not help much, but the more you slide them in and out, the "cleaner" the corona and grid should get. I'd probably give each a good 30+ strokes with that many lines. You may get lucky and at least improve the quality a little bit anyway.
    Yes the C220 series drums have the white flags for corona cleaner same as the 4 series. Drum units are almost identical but can't be interchanged.

Worth a try but doubt it will help in this case.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

try setting the background setting to -5 on all colors, if the print is ok, change drums and developers

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdC View Post
    try setting the background setting to -5 on all colors, if the print is ok, change drums and developers
    Sorry to disagree. I've never had to change background settings on all the konica minolta models I've worked on. And the issue here is definitely not the developers.