Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Ricoh Pro C901 fuser trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Ok been a little busy the last few days. But here are the pics I said I would post:

Attachment 32300Attachment 32301Attachment 32302Attachment 32303

selecting paper settings,then you get the paper trays listed and in the upper right corner you should see the paper library button. then you will see the available selections for a given paper for the selected tray. If you don't have a paper library button then the .mqp file for the library is probably not loaded.........

P.S. do you have the TCRU kits??
    Wow Tonerbomb. Thank you so much for sending those. I don't think I have the .mqp file - see attached pictures. Can you tell me where I get that file and how I load it (I'm a total newbie and don't really know how to do anything!!).

I don't have any TCRU kits? What is that exactly?

IMG_6593.jpgIMG_0573.jpg

Thank you again for your time helping me!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C901 fuser trouble

Quote Originally Posted by jdkeeley View Post
    Wow Tonerbomb. Thank you so much for sending those. I don't think I have the .mqp file - see attached pictures. Can you tell me where I get that file and how I load it (I'm a total newbie and don't really know how to do anything!!).

I don't have any TCRU kits? What is that exactly?

IMG_6593.jpgIMG_0573.jpg

Thank you again for your time helping me!
    TCRU (Trained Customer Replacement Units) is exactly what the full name implies. Pretty much the same as FRUs (Field Replacement Units) but for use by the customer.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    TCRU (Trained Customer Replacement Units) is exactly what the full name implies. Pretty much the same as FRUs (Field Replacement Units) but for use by the customer.
    Replacement of what exactly? We are only using one fuser because we just run 11 x 17 paper (or 8.5 x 11), so no need for different fuser units. So I'm not sure what a TCRU would entail for my C901?

Thanks for your time!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Replacement of what exactly? We are only using one fuser because we just run 11 x 17 paper (or 8.5 x 11), so no need for different fuser units. So I'm not sure what a TCRU would entail for my C901?

Thanks for your time!!
    When maintenance replacement is due on the fusing unit, etc.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

there are 2 kits. kit A contains 4 pcu cleaning units, the ITB cleaning unit and the PTR assy and feed rollers and drum powder. The second kit contains a complete fuser with the web unit. All though you may be only running 11x17 when the fuser crashes your dead in the water. If you have the second fuser you drop it in and your running again. As for the .mqp file for the paper library, it's available through Ricoh's tsrc web site to dealers. That's also where firmware is.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    there are 2 kits. kit A contains 4 pcu cleaning units, the ITB cleaning unit and the PTR assy and feed rollers and drum powder. The second kit contains a complete fuser with the web unit. All though you may be only running 11x17 when the fuser crashes your dead in the water. If you have the second fuser you drop it in and your running again. As for the .mqp file for the paper library, it's available through Ricoh's tsrc web site to dealers. That's also where firmware is.
    Thanks for your response Tonerbomb.

At this point we don't have a tech available who can work on my machine, so I'm totally on my own here - as a new operator, I realize I know so little, so thank you again for your patience.

I don't have access to the tsrc web site because I'm obviously not a dealer. Any idea how I get the .mqp file as I think the correct paper setting might be the solution the marks on the 80lb coverstock. Can you access and send it to me or is that against Ricoh rules?

Where could I order the TCRU kits? Is there a good resource where I could find a decent used fuser?

Is there anywhere I could access some training on the C901? With no tech in my vicinity I need to learn how to do some of the service myself.

I am really grateful for this forum - it's such a great resource and I appreciate everyone's time in reading and responding to my posts. Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for your response Tonerbomb.

At this point we don't have a tech available who can work on my machine, so I'm totally on my own here - as a new operator, I realize I know so little, so thank you again for your patience.

I don't have access to the tsrc web site because I'm obviously not a dealer. Any idea how I get the .mqp file as I think the correct paper setting might be the solution the marks on the 80lb coverstock. Can you access and send it to me or is that against Ricoh rules?

Where could I order the TCRU kits? Is there a good resource where I could find a decent used fuser?

Is there anywhere I could access some training on the C901? With no tech in my vicinity I need to learn how to do some of the service myself.

I am really grateful for this forum - it's such a great resource and I appreciate everyone's time in reading and responding to my posts. Thank you.
    Answer to both questions is either the dealer you purchased the hardware from or you nearest authorized dealer if you purchased used from someone who is not an authorized dealer.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Answer to both questions is either the dealer you purchased the hardware from or you nearest authorized dealer if you purchased used from someone who is not an authorized dealer.
    Okay - I will try and contact Ricoh corporate again, although I haven't had much luck with them in the past. My local dealer only had one tech who could work on the C901 and he recently had a surgery and is out of commission. But I will certainly explore all the avenues I can.

Thanks for your help slimslob!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Okay - I will try and contact Ricoh corporate again, although I haven't had much luck with them in the past. My local dealer only had one tech who could work on the C901 and he recently had a surgery and is out of commission. But I will certainly explore all the avenues I can.

Thanks for your help slimslob!
    Your local dealer should still be able to sell you the TCRU kits and obtain the .mqp file.

Exclamation Re: Ricoh Pro C901 fuser trouble

Hi guys. I have a couple questions to throw out too regarding the c901 fuser belts. First, somewhat the same as this thread, but we are rebuilding both our fusers, the first one we did and have been running for roughly 1000 impressions and the belt is already fraying on the edges. See the picture attached of the belt. This usually begins to happen when the belt is very near life end, but you will see this in every print 12x18 where solid color rolls over this mark.

I rebuilt this fuser the same as I did before but have never seen this happen so quickly. Stocks run were all in paper catalog and nothing too crazy.

Is there a way to tighten or loosen the pressure on the fuser belt to avoid these issues in the future? We run heavy cover stock 90% of the time and we will wear a belt out quicker than normal, but 1000 clicks is ridiculous! I have not finished rebuilding the other fuser yet, so wanted to get your opinions here before finishing it up.

That leads to the second question: See my other posted pic of the second fuser we have. As I was putting it back together and gave a test spin before reassembling, I heard this which sounds like it is coming from this gear. None of the gear look worn out, but this gear seems to be jumping randomly and it has me concerned to put it in the machine. I have a short video too I can send you if you DM me.

Any thoughts on both of these issues would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images