Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do you believe in medical marijuana?

Re: Do you believe in medical marijuana?

Two big news trends in Canada this week for marijuana distribution.

1). The Bank of Montreal, one of Canada's "big six" banks, have agreed to underwrite a $175 million stock offering to Canopy Growth Corp., Canada's largest producer of medical marijuana.

“This is the first time a major Canadian bank-owned brokerage has participated in a cannabis securities issue,”

http://business.financialpost.com/investing/bank-of-montreal-marks-first-for-major-canadian-lenders-with-175m-marijuana-deal

2). Shopper's Drug Mart, Canada's largest chain of drug stores has reached agreement with three medical marijuana producers to supply product. Shopper's Drug Mart does not yet have a license to sell medical marijuana but did apply to the Health Canada for one in Oct 2016 via its parent company Loblaws.

Shoppers Drug Mart signs medical cannabis supply deal with Tilray Canada - Article - BNN

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Well, I've never ingested it, but I smoked my share. I can't ever remember weed making something less painful... not physically, anyway. Except for my back pain sometimes. My muscles would be relaxed and I wouldn't get spasm pain.

Weed also helps people with RLS. Extreme cases of this can be pretty difficult to live with. I've gone 48 hours without being able to sleep because of restless legs.
    Well speaking about the medical uses of marijuana we have a new use being advanced. Unexpected but here is a link explaining the new use.
    Company Selling 'Marijuana Tampons' To Ease Horrible Period Cramps

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

I believe in legalizing all currently illegal substances. The war on drugs has probably cost far more lives than the War on Terror has.

Every state already bans driving while "intoxicated" regardless of what the intoxicant is. You crash and kill someone it doesn't matter if you're hopped up on pills booze or weed, that person is still just as dead.

One problem I do see is that there is not currently a way to tell if someone was high on marijuana at the time of an accident vs having used it in the last few weeks.

Having said that it will be a huge uphill battle vs many special interests to ever make that happen.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I believe that all governments needs to allow testing to determine what components are actually effective and the most effective method of delivery. That will maximum benefit to the patient.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Manhattan DA to Stop Prosecuting for Marijuana Possession

New York City officials are taking a more permissive stance on marijuana use within the city, citing both racial concerns and a shift in public sentiment as the primary reasons.
    Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. announced the new policy, which will take effect in August and drastically reduce the number of prosecutions for marijuana possession and use.

Both medical and recreational marijuana became legal across Canada today with different rules for purchase and carry in each province.

The provincial governments are almost giddy with the prospect of major new revenue streams and many investors have made a lot of money.

To me it is quite the concept that it is now legal for me to go into my Provincial Liquor Commission (liquor sold in private stores in mostly not allowed) and buy a six pack of beer and a six pack of pre-rolled (or loose) joints and it is all legal. If you can't get out of the house, the Gov't will even make it easy to arrange home delivery.

My employer sent me today a new alcohol and cannabis policy guide which I had to read, sign and send back. Serious violations could result in termination.

I was installing a new copier in a National chain hotel today and of course I had to ask the Manager what the hotel's new policy was.

He responded that the complete hotel was non smoking and you were not allowed to smoke tobacco, marijuana or vapor within 50' of the front door. He said people often inhaled just outside the front door and sometimes the odor would be on their clothes as they re-entered the hotel and linger in their rooms.

He then went on to tell me that he suffered from anxiety in the past and was prescribed some fairly heavy pharmaceutical drugs which worked but had some bad side effects on him and were expensive. He then told me that he went into a private cannabis clinic and was recommended a vape pen loaded with a specific strain of non recreational marijuana. He was almost instantly cured, had no bad side effects and the cost went way done.

He also said some quests were challenging him on the hotel's non smoking rule claiming that they carried a medical marijuana card and the hotel was essentially denying them their human rights to take their medication where ever they required. He said it was complicated and was hoping for better advice from head office.

While marijuana users welcomed the world of new choices now on offer, one Nova Scotian took a moment to reflect wistfully late Tuesday night while puffing.

Canadians welcome legal pot sales, put up with supply issues on opening day | CBC News

She called the moment "bittersweet," and said pot had long brought people together in a "weird instant community," something that will likely change with legalization.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I would like to take this moment to congradulate Pot for winning the war on drugs.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Medical marijuana Legislation has passed through gov't here in Australia.
    There are companies that have been openly growing medical marijuana for about 12-18months, according to local news broadcasts.

The case for future medical use is now wide open here in Australia.
    Will "medi-juana" reduce a persons medical problems, or move the symptomatic problem to one side to revisit the problem another day?
    Will medi-juana create another problem due to long term use?
    I have seen previous old associates who have used marijuana on a daily basis.
    Teetering on permanent paranoia is just one of the known problems of daily marijuana use.

I also know that marijuana is good for people with eyesight problems. It relaxes the blood vessels in the eye and problems can abate. You can purchase eye drops rendered from marijuana. (or smoke it)

In Australia we use to call ourselves the "Lucky Country".
    Only recent there was a large govt' advertisement campaign to call Australia the "Clever Country".
    I wonder if people will begin to call Australia the "Huh! Stoned Country"?

I'm neither "for" nor "against" the use of medi-juana.
    (I know, my scrotum is going to hurt if I sit a leg either side of the fence for too long.
    But I can always relieve the pain with medijuana)
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 10-19-2018 at 03:45 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Medical marijuana (CBD) is poised to become a major disruptor to the Big Pharma drug industry potentially threatening losses of up to $18B in sales.

Referred to as "biologics" by Big Pharma, the major industry players are split in their opposition or acceptance of the rapidly growing public acceptance of this alternate medicinal approach.

The Food and Drug Administration’s recent announcement of the approval of Epidiolex sent shock waves through the pharmaceutical industry. The drug, approved for certain rare forms of epilepsy, is the first one “comprised of an active ingredient derived from marijuana” to be approved by the administration. The announcement signals a historic shift from another federal entity, the Drug Enforcement Administration, which is expected to reclassify cannabidiol (CBD) for medical use. Both developments will impact the pharmaceutical industry and the medical marijuana industry for years to come.

https://cmr.berkeley.edu/blog/2018/7/medical-marijuana/

Even Coca Cola has begun testing medical marijuana infused drinks when edibles become legal in the Canadian market approx one year from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSrmbfNq8hM