Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Konica Minolta C253 (Develop Ineo+ 253) - HDD Error - Enter Service Mode during Error

Hey,

I have read every topic on the net. I have the field service manual etc.

Recently my printer C253 showed a HDD Error.
    It won't boot and gets stuck at logo screen.

I went ahead and disconnected the HDD. Then the copier booted again but with the error code.

When I reinstall the HDD same Error.

So I tried to fix the HDD on my computer. I ran disk utility repair on my MAC.
    Now the copier shows this error: C - D010
    This reads to
    CD010:

Hard disk unformat

So apparently The HDD is formated wrong now. I would like to enter the service Mode to format the HDD from within there.
    BUUUUTTT I can't enter the service mode. Becaus the printer is stuck at the error screen. The Utility button doesn't do anything.

If I press the utility button during startup, the printer won't startup at all.....

So anyone has a idea how to enter service mode while an error screen is shown?

Any help is greatly apreciated!!

unic0rned

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta C253 (Develop Ineo+ 253) - HDD Error - Enter Service Mode during E

you have either go in service mode and reformat the hdd from the machine, or replace hdd or remove it but you have to go in service mode to set hdd disable

Technician

Re: Konica Minolta C253 (Develop Ineo+ 253) - HDD Error - Enter Service Mode during E

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangr View Post
    you have either go in service mode and reformat the hdd from the machine, or replace hdd or remove it but you have to go in service mode to set hdd disable
    Yes but HOW to get in Service Mode while the machine displays an error? Can't dismiss the error.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Did you try trouble reset?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Did you try trouble reset?
    I can't do trouble reset.
    When I press the utility/counter button during startup, the small dot at the right corner appears.
    But then it hangs on the logo screen. I can't get to the screen with trouble reset.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

What was error when you disconnect HDD?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    What was error when you disconnect HDD?
    When the HDD was disconnected I got error:
    C - D0040

Hard disk access error

Unabletocommunicatebetweenthehard disk and printer control board (PRCB).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Simply go to service mode and then "system 2" , set HDD to "not installed". then reboot machine, it will start working.

if you are having trouble going into service mode, then open right side door and then turn the machine ON. It will not show any error unless you close the door. so leaving the door open, go to service mode with key combinations.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Simply go to service mode and then "system 2" , set HDD to "not installed". then reboot machine, it will start working.

if you are having trouble going into service mode, then open right side door and then turn the machine ON. It will not show any error unless you close the door. so leaving the door open, go to service mode with key combinations.
    Nice try. But unfortunately not (

Even with door open the error appears immediately.

I attached some photos so you believe me )

IMAG1000.jpgIMAG1001.jpgIMAG1002.jpg

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C253 (Develop Ineo+ 253) - HDD Error - Enter Service Mode during Error

put it back in your computer, remove the partition, create a partition but for goodness sakes dont format it, the copier has a different file system than your MAC so format it in the copier.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.